Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My M3 landed in Freo a week ago, still no RAV entry...

Edit: HELLO!

Attachments

• F061731F-1659-4B73-B801-1066147CEFD6.jpeg
    F061731F-1659-4B73-B801-1066147CEFD6.jpeg
    329.6 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
To add my 2c to the pool here. I am currently second time in this process. So last time, pre-ordered the car a couple of years before it came to AU, then placed order as soon as it became available to order and got the car within the EDD, no hassles and very happy. This time placed the order in Aug 22 and got the EDD for Feb-May 23 and had a nice chat to SA when he confirmed some details with me and discussed my expectations. So far have been happy with both times how the process has gone. I still believe my car will arrive in my EDD window and I have not had any complaints about how Tesla has been handling my ordering process and communications.

Now on a more interesting note, I saw this:
I wonder if my car will have a chance of coming with HW4 chip if it ends up in the tail end of my EDD?

Reactions: Latchr
What are those stages exactly, frantically buying accessories, must be in there for sure, if not please update
Trawl back through this group and you'll see a few. Buying accessories is actually several stages, at least 3 or 4 of them.
My wall charger has been happily gathering dust and all weather mats make a nice door stop in its box.

I've noticed that all the ones in stock seem to have white interiors, otherwise the blue one would be the same spec as what 've ordered.

Wondering if they're just cancellations? Or if they were spec that nobody actually ordered?

I called about the blue one yesterday, the SA was happy to allocate it to my order, but wouldn't budge on the extra cost for the White interior (which is fair enough I suppose, being that Tesla don't negotiate). So I'll just wait for my Blue RWD with Black interior.

Having thought about this a bit more, it wouldn't surprise me if these WA in stock cars are cancellations. Ordered before the WA State Gov announced the EV Rebate for cars under $70k. The spec these ones are puts them over that threshold.

To add my 2c to the pool here. I am currently second time in this process. So last time, pre-ordered the car a couple of years before it came to AU, then placed order as soon as it became available to order and got the car within the EDD, no hassles and very happy. This time placed the order in Aug 22 and got the EDD for Feb-May 23 and had a nice chat to SA when he confirmed some details with me and discussed my expectations. So far have been happy with both times how the process has gone. I still believe my car will arrive in my EDD window and I have not had any complaints about how Tesla has been handling my ordering process and communications.

Now on a more interesting note, I saw this:
I wonder if my car will have a chance of coming with HW4 chip if it ends up in the tail end of my EDD?
No. All reports are it's for the cybertruck

I am really happy for those picking up their vehicles and at the tail end of the delivery process, with good experiences of the process. That is absolutely how it should be.

I would like to make the point however that not everyone has had the same experience and that while it is very important and fair to keep the balance correct by pointing out the seamless satisfying process many , hopefully the vast majority of customers have had, it has been reasonable for those of us from Q1 who have had a need to vent their frustrations with respect to their different experience.

This venting has been helpful to me and I expect to others who then feel they are not alone in how they feel.

I don't consider myself a whiner, I routinely look to be a glass half full person, but when I placed my order in March, I was told by my SA that it would definitely be 5-7 months...Shortly after it went out to November an extra month.

Come October I contacted my SA assistant again and was assured that I would absolutely have it by November.

Being assured twice, while being at the same time being informed that I could lose my order while was out of the country at Christmas, even if I only wanted 10days rather than the 7 allowed, and by then my order had drifted well outside the original EDD did not leave me feeling very content with the process.

Currently I am hopeful that our Vins will arrive shortly , this week even, and we will have our cars on ships in December.

Fortunately now if my order is not on the Cherry or Crystal I will be ok for picking up after Christmas, but that will be good luck not anything else.

I believe it is going to be a fantastic adventure with the car and am hopeful of driving it sometime in January. Looking forward to hearing how our Victorian and Western Australian friends are enjoying the experience and any tips that are passed along.

I just saw this on Twitter and briefly scrolled the comments about how much import (from Giga Shanghai) would be required to meet this goal for German deliveries. It seems nobody's quite sure even if the "double 2021" goal was actually reliably stated by Tesla, but if it's even remotely true it could partly explain why Australia has not shared as much of the export window this quarter?

The numbers are bonkers: they're discussing Germany getting more cars in 2 months than Australia gets in 2 years!

Screenshot_20221122-160716_Twitter.jpg

I am really happy for those picking up their vehicles and at the tail end of the delivery process, with good experiences of the process. That is absolutely how it should be.

I don't consider myself a whiner, I routinely look to be a glass half full person, but when I placed my order in March, I was told by my SA that it would definitely be 5-7 months...Shortly after it went out to November an extra month.
Could not agree more Snoopy1 - well said on all fronts 👍 It will be awesome, I am stoked for those picking up - but gee it has been a slog for some of us (without logic), and with no hidden VIN or other hope yet, it seems like we have gone nowhere since Feb 🤷‍♂️