Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me too. There are the insurance discounts but not sure if it's worth the membership fee. The only other discount I use is 4c petrol discount, which obviously I won't use again.
I mainly have it if it get a flat tyre (I'm a weakling who can't loosen the wheel nuts).
After nearly 25 years of membership, it feels like I'm going to cut off my right arm.
You’ll be swapping the 4c petrol discount for a 20% charging discount 🤣

I keep forgetting what it’s for - changed a flat tyre on the work car once, in my business gear, at the airport carpark coming home.. could have called the roadside assistance that came with the car.

Apparently they can spot you the equivalent of a “run out of fuel” and give you an emergency roadside charge up to get you to the nearest charging point.

Tesla offers help with a roadside charge “but this is not a financially covered service”

• Informative
Reactions: Missimpatient
'
The issue is P platers can't drive a Telsa model 3 Long Range as it’s on the banned list. A learner can. He just wants to drive it a few times before he gets his P plates
Take the Dual Motor badge off the car and the revenue raising Highway Patrol wouldn’t have a clue that it isn’t a standard RWD model. Problem solved.

Me too. There are the insurance discounts but not sure if it's worth the membership fee. The only other discount I use is 4c petrol discount, which obviously I won't use again.
I mainly have it if it get a flat tyre (I'm a weakling who can't loosen the wheel nuts).
After nearly 25 years of membership, it feels like I'm going to cut off my right arm.
Keep the Racq. I'm going with their insurance and other discounts. Plus they are always around if needed, I'm unsure how Tesla will be if not in Brisbane. Peace of mind imo. Exciting though isn't it...at last !!!!!

Keep the Racq. I'm going with their insurance and other discounts. Plus they are always around if needed, I'm unsure how Tesla will be if not in Brisbane. Peace of mind imo. Exciting though isn't it...at last !!!!!
I would add that Tesla roadside assistance, whilst very good doesn’t cover regional and remote areas for towing like NRMA or RACV etc. I had a breakdown in Bundanoon NSW and whilst Tesla were able to identify the problem it could only be repaired at a service centre and I had to arrange the tow through NRMA.

Has anyone gone through with the payment stage yet?

I'm putting down a $50k deposit and the doing rest through financing.

Do you just transfer the deposit into the bank account that Tesla provides, then let the financer handle the other amount 2-3 days before delivery?
And will my Tesla account update with the appropriate figures? I feel like there's no information regarding this.

Reactions: blubbernator
Has anyone gone through with the payment stage yet?

I'm putting down a $50k deposit and the doing rest through financing.

Do you just transfer the deposit into the bank account that Tesla provides, then let the financer handle the other amount 2-3 days before delivery?
And will my Tesla account update with the appropriate figures? I feel like there's no information regarding this.
yeah we paid our deposit to the bank account shown and it was shown in our Tesla account by COB next day.

the balance will be handled by your lender, and supposedly there's more leniency for Tesla approved lenders to allow payment to be received by them up to the day prior, at least that's what Macquarie told me.

for sure just call your lender though if you're uncertain

Reactions: blubbernator
Two new M3LR available in Victoria on the Tesla site! ⚡🚗🚗
0852F394-4146-40A3-8C60-7639288BD26A.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: Pierce11
Does anybody know when we have to make the final payment?
Payment has to clear 48h before delivery.

Tesla will figure out when the car will arrive at the delivery centre (they need to book a transporter truck) and send you an SMS with a choice of pickup dates, these dates are normally a week or two down the track so this would be a perfect time to arrange payment.

Of course if you're regional (I think it's if you're more than 200km from a delivery centre) then it's a different story, as you won't get a booking as such

Reactions: Electrify2022