Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had a few long waits in the last couple of years.

Most new caravans are now over 24 month wait
Indeed. As we know, global logistics and supply chain etc has been tipped upside down the last couple of years, and many sectors impacted (primarily tech and cars - and caravans).

I was just trying to cast my mind back to before-Covid times of when I have ever waited 9-10 months for delivery of an order.

Just got my Tesla Vision prompt and can see hidden VIN. ACT owner, order date of 20/5/2022, white RWD. I have just cancelled the order though, so good news for someone else who can jump up the queue earlier.

(To those horrified that I cancelled, I already own a Model 3 and this was going to be a replacement, but the changeover costs were getting beyond what made sense to me, so hanging on to my existing one).

I don’t know if it’s a good or bad thing.

I ordered prior to a couple of people here who all have delivery dates, only exception is I ordered white seats. Maybe we are being punished for not ordering the basic build. Seems like a Tesla thing to do.
Being punished is a ridiculous statement to make. If you order a rare spec less vehicles are made thus the wait is longer.

Reactions: MozMan
Just popped over for lunch to Todd Rd where the vehicle transporters leave the Mirrat terminal in Melbourne. I could only see Toyotas on the back of trucks. A lot of them lined up for departure but none with Teslas on the back.

EE89552F-7DD2-4149-A926-9B9EE418D447.jpeg

Perhaps some interesting stats from the spreadsheet that might put this waiting game into context.

Breaking down the dates VINs are received, the average number of days from order date to VIN date:

2022 Q2 (Apr to Jun inclusive): 163 days
- April: 97 days (sample size of 1)
- May: 195 days (sample size of 1)
- June: 167.2 days
2022 Q3 (Jul to Sep inclusive): 175.8 days
- July: 175.5 days
- August: 176.13 days
- September: 186 days (sample size of 1)
2022 Q4 so far (Oct to Nov inclusive): 244 days
- October: 237 days
- November: 250 days

So sadly the trend seems to only be going upwards still. It'll be interesting to see if this number reduces over the coming months over the Christmas break.

Last edited:
Reactions: daisy22 and Minties
Finally some communication. An email from Tesla to say: a M3 has been assigned to my order, they are operating through the holiday period, they anticipate my delivery to occur between mid Dec and mid Jan, and I will receive a text closer to the EDD showing in my account to schedule my Express Delivery appointment.

Account still shows EDD 19-31 Dec. Still no invoice.