Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s strange they’d give those estimates tho if it ain’t going to happen? It’s always best to under promise and over deliver, oh well more time to save I guess?
Well, they might know some inside information that we dont? Our market is a very small fry and if they want to catch up on backlog for us, it would not take them much. So far for a long time they have been dragging their feet on shipping to us, most likely because of different incentives coming to an end by the end of this year at different locations around the world, so shipping to them may have been prioritized. AU has been historically against EV-s at least on government side. Though this has now changed and if incentives are not prioritizing other countries, they may actually start working on our long waiting queues.
Personally I believe I will get mine in the EDD window they gave me, but the last month of that window is after 9 months of my order so pretty much standard wait they have been having anyways.

Reactions: ARON44
Any Queenslanders had trouble recently using the trade in estimate quote in your account? I put in my VIN (copied directly from Qld Transport website) but it says the VIN is invalid and won't let me proceed.
I didn't originally select the trade in option but after getting an email about it from Tesla today, thought I would check it out.
Turns out it must have been the mobile version of the site. It was only allowing me to enter the VIN and didn't show the Rego field. Worked perfectly for the desktop site.
Now to sit back and wait for the laugh I'll get from their offer 😎🤣

They will give you an invoice with no stamp duty because Tesla deals with it direct with the government now in NSW rather than you paying it then claiming back

@derek1218 there is no stamp duty on EVs in NSW, given that, there should be no Stamp duty line item at all

1669680521359.png

Last edited:
Reactions: derek1218
Any Brisbane people with a VIN still have an EDD of TBD?

Hopefully it changes soon so I can adjust my holidays if need be 🧐
My account still has TBD. I got the email and text yesterday that my vehicle has been assigned and to log into account but there’s nothing current to action and only TBD. Hopefully hear something soon!

Hi Guys

Here's a question

1. I have a VIN (and engine #)
2. I have registration papers just completed and sent back to Tesla
3. No VIN showing in App (still hidden)
4. No VIN in RAV
5. Details on how to pay (via account page), small test payment put through today.
6. EDD 16Dec - 30Dec

Anybody care to take a guess

A. Car is scheduled to be built
B. Car is on th dock in China ready to be transported
C. Car is in on the high seas (Morning Cherry arrives 1/12 or Morning Crystal)
D. Car is sitting at Alexadria being prep'ed

My best guess is C given I have 1,2,5 and to make 16Dec. Optimistic?

Asked the SA today about the invoice (or lack of) plus the rego document. They said (of the invoice): 'Yes, it should be available in a few days as the system is going through a lot of customers right now', and of the rego document said: 'Yes, you will need to print it out and sign with a blue pen and send back to brisbaneregistration@teslacom'. Then also said they are getting through the trade in estimate and it shouldn't be too long.

OD 22/11
RWD White, BW interior
If they're still telling you Feb - May then it means they think you'll either be in the tail end of Q1 or early Q2. A lot of the orders coming in now were affected by some manufacturing shutdowns earlier in the year (one COVID-related, one line-upgrade-related) - unless there's another manufacturing shutdown I reckon there's a good chance you'll get it within those dates.

Reactions: Dannerz and ARON44