Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw that!

I feel like we've ordered at exactly the right time to have the longest wait possible. Orders before November we super fast, and appears orders after April are also going to be somewhat fast.

November - March was the worst time to order apparently!

This car is slightly different as it has white interior. I also suspect that it's on the same boat as the rest of the SA cars and is just unallocated.

You should call Tesla and see if you can grab it?
I just did this with the long range in Vic. Upgraded white paint black interior RWD to LR (my poor bank account)

Sales was happy to get me to change my order to the spec and then allocate the vin to me.

Said it hadnt arrived yet so assuming it's on one of those boats.
Much better than the TBD order dates I did have from my April 6 original order date.

I saw that!

I feel like we've ordered at exactly the right time to have the longest wait possible. Orders before November we super fast, and appears orders after April are also going to be somewhat fast.

November - March was the worst time to order apparently!

This car is slightly different as it has white interior. I also suspect that it's on the same boat as the rest of the SA cars and is just unallocated.
Not mentioned that I also lost corporate program lol. But it’s on me I didn’t decide to order earlier hehe

I hv a feeling that this new EDD is another BS. as my build date is 13 Nov so most likely be on Morning Crystal bound to arrive MELB 8 Dec (plus need time for port handling). This 29 Nov - 13 Dec window just not seem reasonable.

1669762872276.png

Is Novated lease worth it due to payout after lease expired.
You can often roll it back over into another lease at that point. Just factor it into your calculations, anyway.

Generally, with the FBT exemption the novated lease should be worth it if you are earning at least a moderate income and paying income tax on it. The underlying finance rate and fees tend to be higher, but that is more than balanced by the fact that you can essentially pay it with before-tax income. If you're paying 32.5% income tax, then every $1000 that goes to the lease company is only reducing your take-home pay by $675.

Reactions: Jacinth
What kind of temtation is this? Just at the point I'm putting my thought together around canceling ( to get the refreshed M3 version next year) my EDD just updated from 5-19 Jan to 15 - 29 Dec. Maybe someone from Tesla is watching this thread.

M3 RWD, ODD 16/03/2022, Melbourne, Vin assigned.

You can often roll it back over into another lease at that point. Just factor it into your calculations, anyway.

Generally, with the FBT exemption the novated lease should be worth it if you are earning at least a moderate income and paying income tax on it. The underlying finance rate and fees tend to be higher, but that is more than balanced by the fact that you can essentially pay it with before-tax income. If you're paying 32.5% income tax, then every $1000 that goes to the lease company is only reducing your take-home pay by $675.
This is incorrect. Some novated leases even posted here have interest rates of 11%. Double the interest rate obvsiouly completely negates the benefit of a tax reduction.

Reactions: Mal Cartwright
Ok so the most troubling part about this stage of the delivery process is there’s no app to hit refresh on hourly.

1. Before VIN assignment it was the Tesla site / view source code
  2. Then it was the Tesla site to obtain the build date from the invoice
  3. Then it was the shipping apps to monitor progress on the Don Juan + the Tesla app to monitor for a change in delivery window + the RAV site to see if the VIN can be found there
Now the Don Juan has left port, and presumably the car is somewhere between Webb Dock West and Mulgrave, with not an app to keep an eye on.

I feel so lost! What can I do??

I think once they reveal this refresh,
Still only a rumour (and Bloomberg historically hasn't been great with that). I suspect it is one of many projects and will just be dropped into the production line.

From a tech perspective the shift to HW4 and 5MP cameras is arguably more important.
And I suspect Tesla could shift to a stalkless wheel (or yoke) pretty easily.

Compare a 2019 car to a 2022 car and there are lots of obvious (trim, door cards, steering wheel buttons, trunk design, auto trunk) and less obvious (gui computer, li-ion 15V battery, battery size and LFP, wider rear seat) changes that have been dropped in over the intervening years.

Last edited:
Ok so the most troubling part about this stage of the delivery process is there’s no app to hit refresh on hourly.

1. Before VIN assignment it was the Tesla site / view source code
  2. Then it was the Tesla site to obtain the build date from the invoice
  3. Then it was the shipping apps to monitor progress on the Don Juan + the Tesla app to monitor for a change in delivery window + the RAV site to see if the VIN can be found there
Now the Don Juan has left port, and presumably the car is somewhere between Webb Dock West and Mulgrave, with not an app to keep an eye on.

I feel so lost! What can I do??
I share your hurt.

Has anyone with a EDD of 29/11-13/12 received a text to schedule/book a delivery slot yet?

Weird. 29/10 M3Perf blue on black just got a vin on the order page and started asking me for money.

No emails or SMS though… sent $1000 through to the supplied details just to show I’m keen to go if it turns out to be real and not a glitch lol
Same. But also had the rego papers to complete in the app. Have sent small test payment through and is reflected in account with request for balance.

Morning Crystal now has an estimated arrival of 6pm 1st of December at Melbourne.

1669766961124.png

If it can get in and offload with 2 days cars could be on the ground on the 3rd. Then on trucks and could be in Adelaide by the 5th. Then send out booking SMS's for the week starting 12th of December.

...or it could be stuck waiting to dock for a week like Don and pickup dates are week starting 19th

Reactions: MagicalseT