Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know that with my Allianz quote, I was told if you are first owner and it is written off within 2 years they replace it with a new one - don't just pay you out.

I went with market value, but wont have to worry about what that actually is until 2 years down the track anyway.
That’s a very good point! I guess time to amend all my quotes from different places then haha thanks man

For example, the company I work for gets GST off, so I save GST on the novated part, though GST remains on the balloon payment at the end of the lease.
All businesses get "GST off" (they can claim an input tax credit on GST paid). This means the financed amount ends up being 9% lower - the leasing company which technically buys the car can claim an input tax credit.

They do then have to charge you GST when they sell the car to you at the end of the lease, which is why there's GST on the balloon payment.

After ordering in mid Feb I finally picked up my M3 in Perth today so I'm going to be checking out of here now, its been a long and wild ride but im so glad to see so many people getting VIN's recently 🥳

And of course I need to say that this thing is TOTALLY worth the wait!

IMG_0653.jpeg

After ordering in mid Feb I finally picked up my M3 in Perth today so I'm going to be checking out of here now, its been a long and wild ride but im so glad to see so many people getting VIN's recently 🥳

And of course I need to say that this thing is TOTALLY worth the wait!

View attachment 879680
Congratulations Ian!!!
I can't quite tell from the photo, but do you have the USS or not? also, what was your build date?

Oh dear, the Don Juan was Armacup so if it's not listed at this link, then god only knows where my car is.... Did any other Melbourne customers with EDD now moved to 2/12-16/12 confirm their car was on Don Juan? I just assumed based on EDD.
Mine also moved to your dates. I called Tesla and they confirmed the car is in the country, it just needs to make it to the delivery centre.

Ah bugger, I was hoping we would’ve got the upgraded cameras
Has there been any confirmation that they are indeed higher resolution cameras? All I've seen are people posting pictures side by side of the camera and being like "yep, it looks slightly different".

I'm yet to see any analysis that they are in face higher resolution, and side by side shots of the camera where there is a noticeable difference.

This is incorrect. Some novated leases even posted here have interest rates of 11%. Double the interest rate obvsiouly completely negates the benefit of a tax reduction.
Really depends on individual circumstances so important everyone gets a personal quote if considering a novated lease.

For me, I was comparing cash to novated lease which is a far higher bar than loan to novated lease. Under old rules, was about $10k cheaper to buy with cash as you avoid the implicit interest. Under new rules, is about $4k cheaper to buy with novated lease even though you are paying interest. Benefit is even higher when you count the benefit of keeping the cash in offset or using it for other investments in the meantime.

Sorry pressed send… RWD ordered early June. White/Black. Miranda. EDD moved back to 9-12months shortly after order with no communication. Really needed a car mid Jan. Decided on an alternative hybrid instead. Walked into dealership today for pickup and received a message from Tesla saying car allocated and delivery mid December to Mid Jan and they are operating all over holiday period. What timing! Anyway order has been cancelled. Happy with my decision but someone else on the list should receive an early order :)

question for Adelaide orders. any of you had trade-ins with Tesla for your order? @Stokesy , @F.Bell , @Jackmoz, any other?
I’m trading in. Didn’t hear anything since my initial order until the last week. Have received a combination of texts, and also emails from a generic Tesla trade in email, as well as a specific named person. Just asking for updated odometer (8388 extra ks in the 263 days since ordering) and current rego documents proving I’m the owner. I provided the documents yesterday, VIN received on 22nd November, yet to have the invoice uploaded, but have been told that this will be done once the trade in value is confirmed.

Reactions: Testesslim3
I’m trading in. Didn’t hear anything since my initial order until the last week. Have received a combination of texts, and also emails from a generic Tesla trade in email, as well as a specific named person. Just asking for updated odometer (8388 extra ks in the 263 days since ordering) and current rego documents proving I’m the owner. I provided the documents yesterday, VIN received on 22nd November, yet to have the invoice uploaded, but have been told that this will be done once the trade in value is confirmed.
thanks. that helps. I got generic email from trade in asking for odometer reading today. may be something based on your experience. may be nothing.