Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received my registration email today, in Queensland it seems yo need to print it out, no digital signature for us.
Please print your form, complete all highlighted sections of the form and sign with a blue pen, then scan and reply to this email with your completed and signed form attached. Please note, Queensland Transport have advised they are unable to accept digital signatures.

I received my mobile connector today. It came with a CCS Combo 2 adapter, didn’t think that was supposed to be included?
I've seen a few people who bought the mobile connector separately say that. It's weird because that adapter's only useful for Model S or Model X that were either built after June 2016 (in which case the adapter came with the car) or that have paid for the internal charging hardware to be upgraded (in which case the adapter came with the upgrade)

You could use it as a Christmas tree ornament, I guess.

Anyone looking at trading their car, I recommend trying Dutton Group. They just bought my Camry from interstate for more than I paid for it over two years ago. Made a tidy little $10 profit 😁 Should have clear funds by Tuesday ready to send on to Tesla for my Friday deadline. It's all getting real now.

Reactions: MozMan
Anyone looking at trading their car, I recommend trying Dutton Group. They just bought my Camry from interstate for more than I paid for it over two years ago. Made a tidy little $10 profit 😁 Should have clear funds by Tuesday ready to send on to Tesla for my Friday deadline. It's all getting real now.
Don’t spend all your profit in one place 😂

I just sold my motorcycle privately.
Paid $4,400 in 2017 and sold it last weekend for $6,000

I was thinking, maybe the Armacup schedule has atypo, could it really take 8 days for Viking Passama to go from Brisbane to Port Kembla and only 4 to Melbourne?

Clutching at straws I know but find it hard to fathom why it changed from 18/12 to 22/12 for Port Kembla, but still at 14/12 in Brisbane....maybe going via Norfolk Island

People know a lot more than I, but my build date is 22/11 and so on the armacup.com vehicle schedule..it could only be one ship that left Shanghai after that build date, so just assuming it is on it

Others know a lot more than I do ,
I think I might be reading to much into the build day. In fact it seems the build 'day' in the invoice aligns with the VIN allocation. I dont think it is actually the day the car was built! That could have been days before... I actually got a VIN in my Tesla account only hours after what my invoice is saying is the build day (25 November). My car could have actually have been on the ship at this time! Hoping my theory is right .. because if it is, then we could very well get our car within the given EDD of 15 DEC - 29th DEC.

Passama due to Brisbane 16/12 according to Marine Traffic after its Korean holiday
I was thinking, maybe the Armacup schedule has atypo, could it really take 8 days for Viking Passama to go from Brisbane to Port Kembla and only 4 to Melbourne?

Clutching at straws I know but find it hard to fathom why it changed from 18/12 to 22/12 for Port Kembla, but still at 14/12 in Brisbane....maybe going via Norfolk Island

I think I might be reading to much into the build day. In fact it seems the build 'day' in the invoice aligns with the VIN allocation. I dont think it is actually the day the car was built! That could have been days before... I actually got a VIN in my Tesla account only hours after what my invoice is saying is the build day (25 November). My car could have actually have been on the ship at this time! Hoping my theory is right .. because if it is, then we could very well get our car within the given EDD of 15 DEC - 29th DEC.
Build date is exactly that. The date the car is finished being built. VIN assignments vary. VINs are assigned to the car prior to it being manufactured so in another system is may even be matched to you prior to manufacture. Most VIN assignments in this latest storm were around the 25th so you may have just got lucky that it was assigned the same day it was made.

Reactions: danwale
Build date is exactly that. The date the car is finished being built. VIN assignments vary. VINs are assigned to the car prior to it being manufactured so in another system is may even be matched to you prior to manufacture. Most VIN assignments in this latest storm were around the 25th so you may have just got lucky that it was assigned the same day it was made.
Vins are created first. Vin assignments occur after the car is built.

Reactions: illesornayr
What about hidden VIN's, if I have a hidden VIN on my Tesla page when using the chrome extension, but no official VIN given. Does that mean the car has been built yet?

How long does it usually take to receive a VIN and invoice after you get notified that a vehicle has been assigned to you?

Thanks