Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read elsewhere that builds after October 4th are the MY23 version
Yes, for cars built in the US factories, and also for Shanghai built cars for the EU market.

Those cars have a "P" in the 10th digit of the VIN which signifies a 2023 model.
Meanwhile they're still building cars for the Australian market with "N" (2022) VINs.

Normally Tesla don't correlate hardware changes with model years, but in this case it does appear that EU customers started getting the "your car has been built without ultrasonic sensors" vision prompt at the same time the P VINs appeared.

I expect Aussie VINs will switch to "P" from January. The million dollar question is whether we will lose USS at the same time, or if (as with any other year) the VIN is the only difference.

Not necessarily.. you are getting better cameras but removing the USS (Ultrasonic Sensors) Have a look at all the problems people in the US are having when parking to close objects on youtube.
What's the benefit of better cameras, and if it's needed for FSD (if you buy it and it launches here), they will retrofit the new ones anyway?

The way I see it if you are looking at the present moment, losing USS will mean resale value of the car will be less for 2023 cars. Buyers will be "Oh its just like 2022 cars but no ultrasonic sensors, I better look for the 2022 year instead, I have a small garage".

They have backed out of no uss, they are adding in hd uss from what I've read
I think you mean high definion radar, not ultrasonics.

HD radar may be making a comeback next year. Various blogs are making it sound like it's a done deal, but all we know for sure is Tesla will be "marketing" a 77GHz radar from January, but we don't know on which cars.
Radar (until recently) was used for keeping distance from the car in front when in cruise control or autopilot.

That's a separate issue from the ultrasonic parking sensors, which are no longer installed on cars for other markets, but so far we still get them.

Reactions: Jmadrox