Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My VIN is still hidden but they have advanced my EDD from Feb 23 - May 23 to TBD to March 17 to March 31, so this is progress and hopefully indication that I can expect a car before the end of this quarter :)
It is looking very promising, so I will schedule cleaning for my current car for next week and see about advertising it for sale. Hopefully will get to sell it before the new one arrives.
As another update, just received SMS from Tesla that said the car has been assigned and advised to ensure the financing is secured and ready to go and to review and complete any outstanding tasks. Nice to see that things are moving and it only took 2 days from hidden VIN to SMS message. No other visible changes on the account.

Reactions: Stuart2023
As another update, just received SMS from Tesla that said the car has been assigned and advised to ensure the financing is secured and ready to go and to review and complete any outstanding tasks. Nice to see that things are moving and it only took 2 days from hidden VIN to SMS message. No other visible changes on the account.
Yeah just got this also. What’s your delivery window?

Mine is 14/03-31/03

Geez the delivery window is a bit rough.

My wife did the order, car is in her name. Ordered 12th Feb.

Last night our delivery window showed up, Feb 22nd to March 15th. All good.

Then today she received the text, car needs to be collected Saturday 25th or Sunday 26th... Finance required at least 2 days prior to delivery.

Novated company called and said zero chance they turn around their payment that quickly which I understand.

She's currently on a flight to Brisbane for work (with wifi so had the updates) so hopefully once she lands can sort something out. Really short notice and collection window though.

Bit rude to take forever to give dates (though a week isn’t too bad at all in your case) and then expect everything to be sorted in 48 hours….
Follow up wife had a call with Tesla once off her flight.

They agreed it was weird we were being asked to collect so quickly given we were only notified last night that we'd been allocated a car and it wouldnt give reasonable time for our novated company to send payment.

They've moved delivery to next weekend, looking forward to it! They also indicated they believed the car would come with a UMC but would sort something for us if not given it wasnt clear online and there was no stock to order if we did want to purchase one ourselves.

Doing a VIN check it does appear to be a 22 build, it isnt clear on the rego papers for VicRoads if it is a 22 or 23 build, do I just go off the VIN decoder and assume it is a 22 for insurance purposes?

Another day, another update. So things seem to be progressing nicely.
Today I received an email that my final invoice has been added to my account. And sure enough, the VIN on website is still hidden, but there is an invoice listing the VIN clearly as well as manufacturing date for the car that is 09/02/2023.
From that I assume my car is currently either in port waiting for transit or sitting on a boat somewhere having a relaxing cruise before it gets to its new home.
So far have not received any phone calls from Tesla but am rather happy with their email communication and process.

Another day, another update. So things seem to be progressing nicely.
Today I received an email that my final invoice has been added to my account. And sure enough, the VIN on website is still hidden, but there is an invoice listing the VIN clearly as well as manufacturing date for the car that is 09/02/2023.
From that I assume my car is currently either in port waiting for transit or sitting on a boat somewhere having a relaxing cruise before it gets to its new home.
So far have not received any phone calls from Tesla but am rather happy with their email communication and process.
Same spec as the one I ordered. I'm really glad to hear they're moving through! My order date was 10 Jan though so still a fair way to go but I'm still really excited to be getting one of these amazing cars.

Not sure it'll sneak in before the rumoured shut down and re-tooling of the Shanghai factory but I'm not in any rush. The time will come eventually :)

Going M3 LR too, (was waiting a long time for the Y LR to be sold in Aus, but now going the faster M3 LR, more for the driver seen in many reviews), hoping for it to still have USS, and LG Chem NCMA 2170 battery cells. Watching the inventory too, guessing if one shows up they will allocate it.

Anyone seen the battery code in the menus of a 2023 M3 LR as yet ?

I'm suspecting HW4 not until later this year, not after FSD so not a big concern, not 100% clear what the line upgrades are doing now.

I'm also suspecting 4680 NCA cells will be much later, maybe next year, but they might not be any higher energy / kg setup, so prefer to get one with above LG Chem cells anyway.

Hopefully UMC still included.

Anyone going the boost upgrade next ?