Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, just got back from the preview.

It looks even better in person!

They only had the one car, Blue RWD. I swear the blue colour looks much better than the old blue, but they assured me it's the same,

@dronus I tried to check the build date, but couldn't bring it up for some reason. Can confirm though that these are AU cars and they've come directly here, it only had the 20km trip from the delivery center to the show room.

One thing that I haven't seen in any of the reviews, the mobile phone charging pads are MUCH bigger. My wife has an obnoxiously big phone case which you had to jam into the old M3 charging pad, it fits in the new one with oodles of space.

The indicator buttons were a surprise, I've seen reviews varying from saying haptic feedback to slight movement, it's actually more like a rocker switch, there's quite a bit of movement and I think they will be even easier to find without looking than I had thought based on the videos.

The other massive surprise, even after seeing it mentioned in all the videos, is actually how quiet it is. I was sitting in the car with one of the Tesla employees (they were as keen to check it out as we were) and we started playing with all the horn sounds (yep I wasn't too shy to try annoying everyone in the showroom), we actually thought they weren't working as we couldn't hear them, she was playing around trying to figure out if they just weren't working in showroom mode or something, when I wound the window down and then we heard them blaring, extremely loud, lol, The noise insulation is incredible.

Anyhow, tried to grill a few of the employees about delivery timeframes, etc, they really don't know anything. They just get a message to say start scheduling deliveries for these people etc. They are hopeful they might come earlier, but they have no idea, so just keep to the company line, Jan -Mar.
Sounds pretty awesome!

Was there any indication that that car was preproduction or did it look like an actual build? Wonder if it will become a test drive car?
I’m guessing it either is new, or they factory reset the computer.

Hopefully there is a ship load of them gettting ready to follow soon!

Reactions: X Æ A-12
Sounds pretty awesome!

Was there any indication that that car was preproduction or did it look like an actual build? Wonder if it will become a test drive car?
I’m guessing it either is new, or they factory reset the computer.

Hopefully there is a ship load of them gettting ready to follow soon!
Pretty sure it's not preproduction. They said they were still waiting on more before they would do test drives in ACT as they only have the one.

Sydney has at least three though and I know they are doing test drives next week, at least for media, I'm guessing customers after that.

thats my spec! So good
Few more blue RWD pics for you.. it’s a kick ass looking car

IMG_8969.jpeg
IMG_8970.jpeg
IMG_8967.jpeg
IMG_8968.jpeg

So for some reason Morning Crystal has spent the last 24 hours playing around in the China sea, doing donuts and and getting drunk by the looks of it. But hopefully she has woken up early, dragged her arse out of bed, taken a few Berocca and might be finally on it's way into port....
Maybe taking time to get the climate control just right so our cars have the most pleasant journey to their new homes.

Maybe taking time to get the climate control just right so our cars have the most pleasant journey to their new homes.
Yeah, I did hear there were a line up of dock workers eating loads of baked beans, then jumping in the stealth gray cars todo some 'climate control' of their own.

Any rumours that I may have paid them to do so are of course false.

Cool thanks for the info. I guess I am just concerned that if where my phone is at night is too close to the car, someone could just walk up to it and open the doors and steal stuff etc.
I guess I could set an automation to disable Bluetooth connections to the car or the Tesla app while my phone is in sleep focus… hmm will have to try and remember to test that.
I was just curious how you guys manage that or if it’s not really an issue :)
I set the PIN to drive to avoid any issues.

The phone connectivity is actually pretty hit and miss in my experience. Even with the app running in the background about 75% of the time when I walk up to the car it stays asleep and I need to unlock the car on the app or using my key fob to get in.

I found sometimes the car doesnt pick up the phone even when standing next to car and you try to open the door or boot and it takes a few seconds or I have to take phone out and unlock. I used the PIN to drive for about 2 days then it became so annoying I turned it off. Maybe if I was in Compton I may consider it but I dont see any immediate threat to having someone steal my phone to steal my car :)
I think car theft is a bigger problem on the Good Coast than in Compton these days 🤣

I am really excited for you guys. Hope you dont mind me hanging around even though I am no longer waiting. I am just waiting to here about the highland models so that counts, right? :)
Ditto.

Although tragically I first entered this thread about page 10 when I placed the order for my LR (cancelled due to the delays) and then came back for the P 😂