Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hoping to see lots of good news about people accepting (among) the first Model Ys this morning! If I'd gotten my act together that Friday and ordered early I could have been amongst you too
I hear you.... I was on the website that morning at 8.10am Perth time (so 10.10am east coast?).... I didn't go ahead and order right then because I was worried about hubby's reaction 😳

and NOW.... my car won't be here until next year 😞

Could be but judging by the current deliveries it won't be

The shelf has been standard in other RHD markets for a while. Makes zero sense to change the line for AUS orders for the first batch, then change for the next lot. Seems like a good way to piss off customers
If parts can be minimised in the inventory, it should bring down production costs. I am talking about removing the need to keep in the parts inventory the 2-side plastic panels in the trunk/boot for the non-shelf models. So, it makes sense to add in the parcel shelf as standard for all Model Y. Plus, the customers are asking for it, so why not add it in and make it standard, especially that it is already supplied to some markets!

Could be but judging by the current deliveries it won't be

The shelf has been standard in other RHD markets for a while. Makes zero sense to change the line for AUS orders for the first batch, then change for the next lot. Seems like a good way to piss off customers
I saw in the UK forum about the same thing we have been talking about. They were having a debate about why HK model y has and UK does not have. Eventually they had it too and for people like us who are early in getting the model Y they added a serviceable option later on and it was just clip on. Don't know of that's going to be the case with us too. May be the customers who bought after the price increase gets it 😌...All speculation but let's wait and see.

So, it makes sense to add in the parcel shelf as standard for all Model Y

Plus, the customers are asking for it, so why not add it in and make it standard, especially that it is already supplied to some markets!

It makes sense to us, obviously not to Tesla. I personally won't use it but it's still shitty to see other markets get it and we don't.

The shelf shows up in user manuals for those regions who get it, still nothing for AU/NZ. Until it shows up in the manual I don't think any car will see it