Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wu Wa has some new videos on Twitter.

Tesla are now trucking the cars directly to the ships.
So maybe they are desperately trying to get these cargo ships filled and set sail as quick as possible?

Which may explain the lack of VIN's being provided at the moment. They could have now switched back to what they usually do and only provide VIN's after the ships have left port.

Another Wu Wa post.

All these cars being shipped at the moment look like Model Y's.

So combine that with trucking the cars directly to the ships. I have hope we will see VIN's in the next 7 days that will be on Morning Crystal.

Although unlikely, we may even see some more VIN's pop up that are on the Viking Passama too. Because we have no idea how long Tesla have been trucking cars directly to the ships. I do have a gut feeling that Viking Passama is mostly Model 3's due to all those VIN's that appeared last week. But happy to be proven wrong.

Another Wu Wa post.

All these cars being shipped at the moment look like Model Y's.

So combine that with trucking the cars directly to the ships. I have hope we will see VIN's in the next 7 days that will be on Morning Crystal.

Although unlikely, we may even see some more VIN's pop up that are on the Viking Passama too. Because we have no idea how long Tesla have been trucking cars directly to the ships. I do have a gut feeling that Viking Passama is mostly Model 3's due to all those VIN's that appeared last week. But happy to be proven wrong.

As per my knowledge cars for Australia are loaded at Haitong terminal .

Reactions: FlyingKiwi
I have seen a youtube video where UK customers are getting the vin assigned while the cars are on the sea.
UK customers weren't getting their VIN until the ship was two weeks from arrival (often near Suez)
More recently the ships have been near Singapore.
12:30 came and gone
I'm pretty sure the 12:30 VIN frenzy only happened twice, other times they've happened in the middle of the night - even on Sundays.

Hey,

I'm producing a photoshoot for a leading Australian car rental brand and wondering if anyone has any leads on where I could rent a Telsa Y for a day on the 1st of Aug?

The car would be photographed in a studio and it would be a paid job.

Thanks

Hey,

I'm producing a photoshoot for a leading Australian car rental brand and wondering if anyone has any leads on where I could rent a Telsa Y for a day on the 1st of Aug?

The car would be photographed in a studio and it would be a paid job.

Thanks
Hope this "leading Australian car rental company" doesn't Hoover up all the Model Y allocations ahead of us long suffering individuals waiting in the queue!

Reactions: Gayle S