Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That explains the quote. Someone just quoted me a rough estimate of $4000-$5000 for a Single phase to three phase changeover. Cost includes laying new conduit to the pit, digging , upgrading wiring for the whole house...I have now given up on this.
Yep it’s not cheap, I did this 12 months ago to install a 10kW solar system. Didn’t have to dig pits thankfully so was a little bit cheaper than that.

How much have you been quoted for the install of the charger? Every sparkie I have spoken to have quoted $1k for the install (20m cable run, easy access)
Got my wall connector hung up under switchboard with supply cable running inside wall to switchboard. $560 (in Melbourne). That included a Hager RCBO 40A circuit breaker in the switchboard. He even did the setup, which was not really difficult. But he did moan about installing other EV chargers.

Similar. VIN assigned 17/7. SYD delivery with EDD updated to Aug 13-27 last week. Still no rego papers or invoice
I was given my rego papers when I picked up the car, depending on which state you're in you might see the car registration appear in your Service NSW app (or equivalent) when it gets registered a day prior.

You should get your invoice soon, given your EDD Tesla will start to check up on everyone who hasn't paid in full at some point. Maybe we should start giving Telsa a two week estimated payment window as a reply! ;)

That explains the quote. Someone just quoted me a rough estimate of $4000-$5000 for a Single phase to three phase changeover. Cost includes laying new conduit to the pit, digging , upgrading wiring for the whole house...I have now given up on this.
I got charged over $5k for single phase upgrade (in a 130yo house) to deliver max amps to my charger out the back. Tradies love ripping us off in the inner East.

Afternoon all, EDD changed from 30 AUG - 30th to AUG 13-AUG 27th
So I’m happy with that. Although still no rego or final invoice to be seen. (Anyone Else in the same boat)???

Im assuming the Model Y is pretty much already in AUS on one of the boats and will take a week or 2 to clear customs and transported.
@Jarrodbarr
Feedback from SA is because I have a trade in to be paid out, this is holding up my invoice. Unsure if this is the same reason for all waiting on invoices