Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a technicality but do not call it a "charger". The actual charger is in the car. The device is just a connector that supplies the right amount of electricity to the car.
1658926744165.png

Got my wall connector hung up under switchboard with supply cable running inside wall to switchboard. $560 (in Melbourne). That included a Hager RCBO 40A circuit breaker in the switchboard. He even did the setup, which was not really difficult. But he did moan about installing other EV chargers.
Can you please share contact details for the sparky you used? Thanks

Reactions: matty_u2
Can you please share contact details for the sparky you used? Thanks
Oh, I searched real hard, far and wide.
Not!

The guy is listed on the TESLA website via an "Installer" link from the Wall Connector Shopping page. I thought if he gets recommended there then - what can go wrong. My usual sparky would have charged the same but perhaps taken longer - sexagenarian!

Note I had the most straight forward install location just under the switchboard. The cable could even be run inside the wall, hence no conduits. Which is great. I get an allergic reaction and break out in rash when I see wall mounted conduits. Bahhhh.

Perkin Electrical. perkinelec.com.au

Reactions: Tigger