Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks @muddie ... that's really helpful!
Guess I'll just have to test drive them both again, and pay more attention (first time went a bit like "Wheeeeeeee! I'm driving a Tesla!" lol 😂)

Wife and i looking for a family car not a sportscar

We drove a 3 in jan and were pretty disappointed overall and would not buy one

Drove the y and thought this is so so much better overall for what we want

Sat in the 3 in the showroom against the y

Sitting in the 3 you sit so far down low
Sittng in the back and its cramped
In fact your knees are higher than the seat its like sitting on one of those toilets designed for kids over adults and im only 5”9

I wouldnt want to be travelling in the back of a 3 for too long

If i was single and 20 i would buy a 3 but not now

Is anyone able to track asian vision?
1660779440253.png

from my limited shipping expertise , i am guessing(based on distance travelled vs distance left) it would arrive by 24th into NSW wasters , but hopefully not much holdup entering into Port Kemble for early drop off
Asian Vision
Departed Shangha: 2022-08-14 01:51 LT (UTC +8)
Arrive Port Kembla ETA: 2022-08-26 19:00 LT (UTC +10)

PAGLIA
Departed Shanghai: 2022-08-15 14:54 LT (UTC +8)
Arrive Brisbane ETA: 2022-08-26 21:00 LT (UTC +10)
Depending on the ports it visits after Brisbane, it should arrive in Port Kembla around the end of the month, beginning of September. Give them a week or two to clear customs, get transported to their respective delivery locations and you would have to say delivery should be starting around the middle of September.

Asian Vision
Departed Shangha: 2022-08-14 01:51 LT (UTC +8)
Arrive Port Kembla ETA: 2022-08-26 19:00 LT (UTC +10)

PAGLIA
Departed Shanghai: 2022-08-15 14:54 LT (UTC +8)
Arrive Brisbane ETA: 2022-08-26 21:00 LT (UTC +10)
Depending on the ports it visits after Brisbane, it should arrive in Port Kembla around the end of the month, beginning of September. Give them a week or two to clear customs, get transported to their respective delivery locations and you would have to say delivery should be starting around the middle of September.
From last experience deliveries started on 4days after ship arrival so hoping sept 1st would deliveries in Sydney and in couple of days in Brisbane

I strongly believe all Y that are built end of July 1st week of August are on Asian vision as it started from Nenang terminal where all Tesla are usually shipped to Europe from

Reactions: jacksyd2022