Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got finals invoice …build date is 15/9/22. When does it come still Edd is 7-15Nov.

If it's on Paglia or Turandot (fit your build date) they arrive to Port Kembla mid October then it has to go on transcontinental ship (tirranna or Themis) to get to Fremantle and due there end of October then will need to unload, get checked, detailed and arrange delivery/pick up appointment so those EDD is about right for that.

If you have a car coming soon Tesla is holding an online event
"Get to Know Your Tesla - Australia and New Zealand
Join us for a live virtual introduction to your new Tesla vehicle led by our team of product experts where you’ll be able to submit questions in real time."

• Informative
Reactions: Fazza
If it's on Paglia or Turandot (fit your build date) they arrive to Port Kembla mid October then it has to go on transcontinental ship (tirranna or Themis) to get to Fremantle and due there end of October then will need to unload, get checked, detailed and arrange delivery/pick up appointment so those EDD is about right for that.
Interesting, my build date is 23/09/22 but my EDD is 10-24 Oct which is almost a month earlier. I live in Sydney but I didn't think the EDD difference would be that big.

Interesting, my build date is 23/09/22 but my EDD is 10-24 Oct which is almost a month earlier. I live in Sydney but I didn't think the EDD difference would be that big.

I was pretty generous with my estimate. With the last lot of cars the ships were arriving around the EDD but it took a lot longer to actually pick up the car. Also the OP is in Perth and there can be delays waiting for the transfer ship to arrive and then get loaded onto that and arrive in Fremantle and get delivery. 3 ships arrive to Port Kembla but only one ship to Fremantle

Anyone here ordered MY on 13/6/22 and received it yet or closer to getting theirs? I'm waiting on my Black/Black with induction wheels and delivery window still sitting as Nov 22 - Feb 23.
Yes, I ordered just after you on the 17th June (Perth) and was allocated a vin in September. My delivery window is 5 - 17 November

Tesla allocation is as unpredictable as ever

Last edited:
Same here never had the delivery window showing in app or website before, now showing on the website
This probably means absolutely nothing but my delivery window of Nov - Feb for my MYP order just showed up again against my account online (not the app)
My MYP window on the app and portal has always shown as Nov - Feb. ordered 18 June but from NZ which tends to have lower lead times.

Reactions: 1001
My MYP window on the app and portal has always shown as Nov - Feb. ordered 18 June but from NZ which tends to have lower lead times.
My App EDD window also disappeared after getting a more definite window which I saw in online account. To get that showing in the phone App again I logged out, waited 24 hours and logged back in. Then the the dates showed again.

It's often not good to have phone apps running for weeks or months.

This probably means absolutely nothing but my delivery window of Nov - Feb for my MYP order just showed up again against my account online (not the app)
Same..(MYP order Melbourne ) hopefully a good sign.. but here we are in October and still only got a 4 month window estimate.. I think every other car maker I’ve dealt with has been able to provide better data than Tesla does..
So is it next month or next year 😂

Same..(MYP order Melbourne ) hopefully a good sign.. but here we are in October and still only got a 4 month window estimate.. I think every other car maker I’ve dealt with has been able to provide better data than Tesla does..
So is it next month or next year 😂

Easiest if we just give Builder/Construction estimates.
Builder "It will be done by Christmas"
Me "Which Christmas???"
:rolleyes::p