Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They can combine Thai, NZ, Japan, Singapore and Hong Kong orders though to make use of the RHD MYP production line.
Hong Kong, Singapore, NZ and Japan all have a delivery estimate of Q1 2023 or thereabouts for brand new orders of MYP however our brand new orders of MYP have a delivery estimate of Apr - Jun 2023 which worries me. Clearly looks like there will be a production run in Jan/Feb for the 1st quarter, hopefully we see some cars. Be nice to not have to wait anymore

Hong Kong, Singapore, NZ and Japan all have a delivery estimate of Q1 2023 or thereabouts for brand new orders of MYP however our brand new orders of MYP have a delivery estimate of Apr - Jun 2023 which worries me. Clearly looks like there will be a production run in Jan/Feb for the 1st quarter, hopefully we see some cars. Be nice to not have to wait anymore
My MYP is (still) in the Q1 timeframe, did yours move?

Speaking from prior delivery experience, I‘m confident of mid March delivery though.

Reactions: Dannerz
Where are the MYPs dammit..!
Typical tesla….you order the MYP 5 minutes after books open and just hear nothing. I think I have more chance of getting a cyber truck. It has to be the worst company for communicating. This could be a year from now and still nothing. I will never order another Tesla product that is not already in production in Australia.
Seriously been looking at other options….I think I will just go with my second choice of a Bentley Continental GT🙄

Reactions: Robbo_707
Please use respectful language, you can inform other members without being disrespectful.
Typical tesla….you order the MYP 5 minutes after books open and just hear nothing. I think I have more chance of getting a cyber truck. It has to be the worst company for communicating. This could be a year from now and still nothing. I will never order another Tesla product that is not already in production in Australia.
Seriously been looking at other options….I think I will just go with my second choice of a Bentley Continental GT🙄
It was advised months ago MYP production won't start until Q1 due to lack of orders. stay up to date on the news and you would know this

As far as I am concerned, Q1 is fine if it happens that is. But I prefer Tesla's approach to honouring prices, showing exact price calculations not bs fabrications and extra Mark ups of the kia ev6 dealer in my area. Would be nice to know what the 2023 model y p was going to include at the kick off though, seats, radar, uss, camera spec etc but I suppose you can always cancel if they decide to change something you "must have". Likely just 6-7 weeks if historical export pattern. Don't hold your breath though.

Reactions: Dannerz
It was advised months ago MYP production won't start until Q1 due to lack of orders. stay up to date on the news and you would know this
Mate pull head your head in! Like most people, I don’t read elons personal daily memoirs about model Y updates. I have not been advised of any such news. Do you have any mainstream reference for your statement, inferring such common knowledge?

Reactions: dmov and singo79
I was just about to order a wall charger and mobile connector on the Tesla site and noticed that the mobile connector is out of stock.

How often does that happen?

Given they no longer supply them you'd be a bit irritated if you where picking up a new car and couldn't get a mobile connector and that was your planned charging solution.

I was just about to order a wall charger and mobile connector on the Tesla site and noticed that the mobile connector is out of stock.

How often does that happen?

Given they no longer supply them you'd be a bit irritated if you where picking up a new car and couldn't get a mobile connector and that was your planned charging solution.
With more and more orders not including the UMC is say it'll be pretty common for it to be out of stock. Fair certain there are generic brand UMC that you can buy.