Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time posting....A few questions for the well initiated Tesla owners if I may....

1. MY RWD order was placed on 24 June. I modified the order twice - added EAPilot then changed colour to Midnight Silver. I had/have a scheduled delivery of Feb to May 23. When do you reckon I will get the car? Anyone's guess?
2. I would like to get the car without showroom wash/polish as I plan to do a minor paint correction (no buffing) + Ceramic coating. Has anyone done this? What was your experience?
3. How hot is the glass roof on long drives? will I go red? My wife hates the Sun. I live in QLD. Which roof shade do you recommend?
4. Can you recommend a good window tinting place (ceramic) in or near Gold Coast?
5. Do you find that the vegan seats get hot? Has anyone fitted seat covers? If so, what do you recommend?
6. Is the CATL m3p battery which they announced last year now being fitted to the MY RWD?
7. What about the new steering wheel? Are they still fitting stalks on the steering column or buttons/wheels on the steering wheel?

How hot is the glass roof on long drives? will I go red? My wife hates the Sun. I live in QLD. Which roof shade do you recommend?
The glass itself gets hot to touch. I'm happy with the clip-in sunshades from the Tesla online store - I usually put them in when the weather starts heating up in late spring and pull them out again when it's cooling down in autumn.

5. Do you find that the vegan seats get hot? Has anyone fitted seat covers? If so, what do you recommend?
The seats don't get hot that I've noticed. Seat covers are a bad idea because they interfere with the supplementary restraint system, apparently.

6. Is the CATL m3p battery which they announced last year now being fitted to the MY RWD?
7. What about the new steering wheel? Are they still fitting stalks on the steering column or buttons/wheels on the steering wheel?
The m3p battery hasn't been seen in any shipped car yet, and 3s and Ys still have stalks.

Reactions: Elite Display
Does that mean you have to fly down and pick up the car?
Is that the only option?

I know of two local M3 owners, that said their cars were delivered to their residence.

I'm hoping that the TXT was just a generic one for outstanding QLD orders. Presuming once a vehicle is allocated with VIN etc they will take note of the address. Originally ordered 4th AUG 2022. MY RWD.

Well I finally have a delivery date! Just got the text message to arrange delivery and.....not until Feb 23.

At least I have a date I guess, but to be honest 2.5 weeks away is a little disappointing. Oh well, it's locked in now!

I'll check my notes and do a final wrap up of the dates for future reference....
Nice. How big was the window offered and where are you based? (Sorry for not looking back where you probably said this already)

First time posting....A few questions for the well initiated Tesla owners if I may....

1. MY RWD order was placed on 24 June. I modified the order twice - added EAPilot then changed colour to Midnight Silver. I had/have a scheduled delivery of Feb to May 23. When do you reckon I will get the car? Anyone's guess?
2. I would like to get the car without showroom wash/polish as I plan to do a minor paint correction (no buffing) + Ceramic coating. Has anyone done this? What was your experience?
3. How hot is the glass roof on long drives? will I go red? My wife hates the Sun. I live in QLD. Which roof shade do you recommend?
4. Can you recommend a good window tinting place (ceramic) in or near Gold Coast?
  1. Set your mind on May 23, with the possibility that it might slip (I've had two orders slip from the later estimate). If it comes early, it's a bonus.
  2. Don't expect for Tesla to accommodate anything special pre-delivery, others have made this request in the past and have been denied. I've had both my Teslas ceramic coated immediately after taking delivery, no issues and the quality of the paint coming out of the Shanghai plant is much improved.
  3. This topic sets off many debates. My experience is that after driving in the sun, the temp of the passenger seat head rest is warmer than the passenger seat base. That said I had a roof shade in my M3, but haven't bothered in the MY. Here's a channel worth checking out:
  4. Search on this forum for recommendations, plenty of others have had it done. The MY window tinting is straightforward.
  5. They've only been shipping the RWD with the LFP battery to date.
  6. Nothing has changed, but that doesn't mean it couldn't change between now and taking delivery of your MY.
Congrats on the purchase, it's a great car and for me the perfect family hauler. If you're looking for a way to kill time during the wait: Videos to watch whilst waiting for delivery of your Tesla

Big tip take off EAP and add it on after delivery. You'll save a bunch of tax on the order

Reactions: Crunchy
Unlikely. Otherwise, why would it be docking in Port Kembla next? Vedaprime would know if you wanted to subscribe to his services. For me, the car will arrive when it arrives. This is a fun sport, trying to find the ship, but not worth spending too much time or money on.
Nah bugger paying for that info. There are other items on the ship besides Tesla though. Could be unloading other cars/machines at the other ports.