Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my Novated Lease agreement and the Rental Rate is 9.15%, not knowing basically anything about Novated Leasing, this sounds very high.. My company only has 1 Novated lease company so i can't really leverage a better deal.. Does this rate sound right or is it very high?
sounds about right. there is only a handful leasing companies in Australia and the dominant player is SG Fleet which also owns NLC in VIC. given the May rate rise, 9.15% is the same as my rate

Reactions: Ben MYBlack
Hi all,
have been following the thread and found it super helpful. I ordered MY-gray in March and just received a message to schedule express pickup next week. Literally the week I am travelling overseas. Wondering if Tesla can hold on to the car for a week until I am back? or will I miss my place in the queue. I could make the payment but will have to delay pick up. Some advice will be useful. thanks

Reactions: bev-252
Hi all,
have been following the thread and found it super helpful. I ordered MY-gray in March and just received a message to schedule express pickup next week. Literally the week I am travelling overseas. Wondering if Tesla can hold on to the car for a week until I am back? or will I miss my place in the queue. I could make the payment but will have to delay pick up. Some advice will be useful. thanks
Heard similar story before while someone was overseas when their car was ready for pick up. He asked friends .You may have to ask your close friends or relatives to pick up for you or lose your spot. Call Tesla to confirm, I could be wrong

Hi all,
by the way, surprised that your car is ready so soon. what's the configure and which city?

Ordered my Model Y (Midnight Silver, Black interior and 19" Gemini) 5th Mar '23 in Melbourne with no movement estimated delivery in Apr - Jun 2023. Anyone on the same boat
Ordered my Model Y (Midnight Silver, Black interior and 19" Gemini) 5th Mar '23 in Melbourne with no movement estimated delivery in Apr - Jun 2023. Anyone on the same boat?
Almost same config.. i just have white interior.. ordered 08/02.. still apr - june

by the way, surprised that your car is ready so soon. what's the configure and which city?
my order config is Model Y (Midnight Silver, Black interior and 19" Gemini) ordered 14th March from ACT. wondering if I have been allocated one that may have been cancelled by someone else. was surprised too. On the line with Tesla call center now.

Port of Brisbane update

Paganella now has left Brisbane and heading south
Palmela due to unload Monday 15th
Morning Crystal still nothing scheduled other than an unchanged departure time of Sunday 21st May

So, if you get a delivery SMS in the next little while, you were likely on either Passama or Paganella. Hopefully Palmela soon also
Hi, nice & helpful information, btw from where do you get this info from. Could you please share if that it ok. I am from Sydney and want to track Morning Crystal

my order config is Model Y (Midnight Silver, Black interior and 19" Gemini) ordered 14th March from ACT. wondering if I have been allocated one that may have been cancelled by someone else. was surprised too. On the line with Tesla call center now.

Definitely a cancelled order, congrats - you're one of the lucky ones! Let us know how you get on with the call centre.

sounds about right. there is only a handful leasing companies in Australia and the dominant player is SG Fleet which also owns NLC in VIC. given the May rate rise, 9.15% is the same as my rate
The wide interest rate is part of how leasing companies make money, its also reflective of the fact that its an unsecured credit line.

For reference my Y is funded via a chattel mortgage through my business at 5.2%. Its a competitive rate but also secured against my business from a funding perspective.

Got the schedule text today and booked the pickup for Wednesday. Had option for either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Original EDD was May 9-30. Then changed to May 15 - June 5.
OD - 25/12. RAV - 4/05. Victoria.
Wow congrats! What was your build date 3/4?

Brisbane orders, an update from someone who spoke to Tesla from the Model Y FB group attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230512_095225_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230512_095225_Facebook.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
The wide interest rate is part of how leasing companies make money, its also reflective of the fact that its an unsecured credit line.

For reference my Y is funded via a chattel mortgage through my business at 5.2%. Its a competitive rate but also secured against my business from a funding perspective.
the leasing company gets payments from my employer and all expense is pre tax money, that's why they charge a high interest rate. we also don't need to pay GST on the car as the leasing company can claim it back. It's secured in a different way I guess. I am not the expert in this, but that's how it works in a nutshell

Just got my schedule delivery message as well for Sydney pickup options where 22 or 23 of May.

Order was placed in Nov for RWD Y Black/Silver with inductions, build date 3/4. That confirms that it must be on Viking Passama which docks this Monday. A week from docking to delivery is pretty good.
out of curiousity, what are the pick up options in sydney? is it just Chatswood and Alexandria?