Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought I'd post a quick summary of my delivery experience over the weekend for my RWD Y.

Picked up from Chatswood on Saturday afternoon, this must be one of the smaller locations in Australia as they only do 30 deliveries a day which reduces to 15 on Saturday due to test drive commitments, nothing on Sundays. They probably had 30 vehicles ready for delivery which was pretty much full, its not the giant warehouse facilities you normally see..

Car was fully charged, SA walked us around the car then spent about 45 minutes running us through everything. Process wasn't rushed at all and he was super helpful.

My build date was 3/4 and I can confirm it has different suspension to the one we test drove in November. We had a Y with Gemini wheels for an overnight test drive and we drove the same route on Saturday home with ours which has the 20 inch wheels. Noticeable smoother ride with the car feeling a lot more settled over road imperfections. My wife, who had no idea about the suspension changes, commented on the way home that the ride was so much better.

Very happy with the vehicle and worth the wait from November, which really wasn't that long.

Quick tip for those looking to save some $'s on insurance. My vehicles CTP was with NRMA on delivery, if you combine this with the free six month blue membership when taking out comprehensive insurance your discount increases to 7.5% as your comprehensive becomes policy three. Just get your quote in the final few days before delivery. When i did mine the day before I couldn't figure out why the NRMA website was showing me as having two active products, that was why.
My ordered experience was super, placed order on 18/03/23 and build date was 4/4/23, going to pick up @ Chatswood next Monday. Will ask my SA if I can pick up on Saturday instead.

Do you know if I can bring my special number plate to the deliver? SA said they can’t do swap plate before deliver but can I do it at the warehouse after pick up? I have the plate with me and removed from my current car.

My ordered experience was super, placed order on 18/03/23 and build date was 4/4/23, going to pick up @ Chatswood next Monday. Will ask my SA if I can pick up on Saturday instead.

Do you know if I can bring my special number plate to the deliver? SA said they can’t do swap plate before deliver but can I do it at the warehouse after pick up? I have the plate with me and removed from my current car.
you are the lucky one indeed.

Hi, I am in the same boat, rav database says 10/05 and est delivery just got pushed to 1/6 to 17/6, when I contacted tesla they just tell me there is logistic difficulties.
Mine be on the next boat RAV 18/5 and still says May 22 - June 12. So I expect this to push out soon

With the Model 3 I picked up in April it kept moving out and out
Then delivery was basically the start of the last move.
So hopefully the 1/6 to 17/06 means pickup is close to start of June for you

I expect end of June for mine.

Reactions: bean2006 and RM2023
Hi Guys
Any melbourne orders from Mulgrave pick ups.
what EDD is currently sitting on Mulgrave pickup orders?.
Mine changed 4 times already.
16 May- 5June
27 May - 13 June
28 May - 13 June

Latest June1- June 17

OD 21/11 From chadstone MYRWD MSM
Here Mulgrave pickup. My EDD has changed since first time, sitting at 22/5-12/6 for long time. My car was on Grand Eagle. Hoping they don’t push it to further dates, or it hasn’t come to my turn yet..

Reactions: bean2006
Thought I'd post a quick summary of my delivery experience over the weekend for my RWD Y.

Picked up from Chatswood on Saturday afternoon, this must be one of the smaller locations in Australia as they only do 30 deliveries a day which reduces to 15 on Saturday due to test drive commitments, nothing on Sundays. They probably had 30 vehicles ready for delivery which was pretty much full, its not the giant warehouse facilities you normally see..

Car was fully charged, SA walked us around the car then spent about 45 minutes running us through everything. Process wasn't rushed at all and he was super helpful.

My build date was 3/4 and I can confirm it has different suspension to the one we test drove in November. We had a Y with Gemini wheels for an overnight test drive and we drove the same route on Saturday home with ours which has the 20 inch wheels. Noticeable smoother ride with the car feeling a lot more settled over road imperfections. My wife, who had no idea about the suspension changes, commented on the way home that the ride was so much better.

Very happy with the vehicle and worth the wait from November, which really wasn't that long.

Quick tip for those looking to save some $'s on insurance. My vehicles CTP was with NRMA on delivery, if you combine this with the free six month blue membership when taking out comprehensive insurance your discount increases to 7.5% as your comprehensive becomes policy three. Just get your quote in the final few days before delivery. When i did mine the day before I couldn't figure out why the NRMA website was showing me as having two active products, that was why.
Thank you for sharing. Its really encouraging that the ride has improved.

Are all these unloading in Brisbane?
Those are just for Port Kembla.
The queue isn't that bad for Brisbane (yet)
There's so many ships waiting to dock at Port Kembla, many which have been there for ages. Their site is back to the 31st for Grand Eagle.
Here Mulgrave pickup. My EDD has changed since first time, sitting at 22/5-12/6 for long time. My car was on Grand Eagle. Hoping they don’t push it to further dates, or it hasn’t come to my turn yet..
I'm telling you now, there is no way in hell Grand Eagle docks on 31/05.
It is 19th in the vehicle carrier queue at Port Kembla according to the arrivals tab in this link: Daily Vessel Movements
Alternatively, my list below (which has been updated since my post):
Ivory Arrow and Hoegh Oslo are docked in Port Kembla at the moment.

Queue Order:
Paganella
Dugong Ace
Hoegh Berlin
Frontier Ace
Hoegh Trapper
Elegant Ace
Viking Passama
Dong-A-Glaucos
Salome
Euphrates Highway
Sunlight Ace
Dream Angel
Eridanus Leader
Aphodite Leader
Sirius Highway
Grand Eagle (scheduled for 28 May - I really don't see how they can clear the above ships in 6 days)
Morning Crystal
Hoegh Bangkok
Dream Beauty
Glovis Caravel
Genius Highway
Valiant Ace
Virgo Leader
Orca Ace

LOL good luck with all that. Where are they going to put all the cars?
It's going to take months to get deliver all the cars, not just the Teslas.

Reactions: undefined_boat