Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone help me find the vessel (carrier) details from the VIN. I ordered in Oct 2022 and the date is now pushed back to June 6 - June 27.

I have VIN assigned and checked Molace website but it seems the car is not on their list.
It helps to know your order date from your invoice, so you can see which Armacup ship left Shanghai soon after your build date. Armacup does not allow searching by VIN.

It is also probable that your car has been registered in RAV now, which you can confirm by searching https://rav.infrastructure.gov.au/
That won't tell you which ship, but your VIN should be in RAV if your ship has docked anywhere in Australia.

As you will have read, Port Kembla has been very congested. Your car could have been offloaded and be awaiting clearance and transport to the delivery centre. Or its ship could be anchored of the coast and waiting to dock.

Grande Eagle is now back to 10th
I assume you are going by the port kembla website.

Here it is for you, see if you can spot anything strange. Clue: pay attention to the arrival/departure date/time and the birth number of Grand Eagle and Orca Ace that precedes it.

1685842008334.png

Here it is for you, see if you can spot anything strange. Clue: pay attention to the arrival/departure date/time and the birth number of Grand Eagle and Orca Ace that precedes it.

View attachment 943727
It's all good. Orca Ace is just slipping in for an hour to drop off a few cars before heading to Melbourne, nothing to see hear 😀. Alternatively, it could be picking up a specific car that they want to move to Melbourne....

Last edited:
Reactions: Elite Display
It's all good Orca Ace is just slipping for an hour to drop off a few cars before heading to Melbourne, nothing to see hear 😀. Alternatively, it could be picking up a specific car that they want to move to Melbourne....
Lol. On a different note, I admire your great patience replying to posters' repetitive questions who don't seem to read a few pages back where the answers could be found. All the while waiting endlessly for your car. Hope you get yours soon, which is imminent I believe.

Can someone help me find the vessel (carrier) details from the VIN. I ordered in Oct 2022 and the date is now pushed back to June 6 - June 27.

I have VIN assigned and checked Molace website but it seems the car is not on their list.
What date (if any) was the VIN entered into RAV?

If it's 18/05, it's probably on Grand Eagle. Other dates mean different things, but all correspond when certain boats first berthed anywhere in Australia.

View attachment 943727
I guess the only acceptable or more accurate info on their website is the in port tab. Let’s see what ships will be in port on the 10th and hope GE is one of them

It helps to know your order date from your invoice, so you can see which Armacup ship left Shanghai soon after your build date. Armacup does not allow searching by VIN.

It is also probable that your car has been registered in RAV now, which you can confirm by searching https://rav.infrastructure.gov.au/
That won't tell you which ship, but your VIN should be in RAV if your ship has docked anywhere in Australia.

As you will have read, Port Kembla has been very congested. Your car could have been offloaded and be awaiting clearance and transport to the delivery centre. Or its ship could be anchored of the coast and waiting to dock.
Thanks. just checked RAV. the date on rav is 23/05/2023.. so does it mean the vessel is docked already ??

my VIN hasn't shown up on the RAV search yet. I assume this means it still hasn't arrived in Country yet. I got my final invoice, rego papers a long time ago and build date was 06/05.

assume this means it still hasn't arrived in Country
What is your EDD

Possibly in Shanghai waiting for embarkation or on a vehicle carrier which has not moored at an Australia port yet.

Morning Cherry departed Shanghai May 18 and arrived in Melbourne June 1. If VIN not already on RAV possibly not on this one. Possibly the next one might be Turandot which does not depart Shanghai until June 11 (scheduled arrival Brisbane July 19) ... Or some other vehicle carrier...

Last edited:
I guess the only acceptable or more accurate info on their website is the in port tab. Let’s see what ships will be in port on the 10th and hope GE is one of them
It is also more accurate for movements on the day. Viking Passama is getting ready to depart soon, which has been updated on the PK website. It's departing earlier than expected which is nice for a change. What is not so good is Sunlight Ace arrival hasn't been brought forward, which is meant to dock at the same birth.

What is your EDD

Possibly in Shanghai waiting for embarkation or on a vehicle carrier which has not moored at an Australia port yet.

Morning Cherry departed Shanghai May 18 and arrived in Melbourne June 1. If VIN not already on RAV possibly not on this one. Possibly the next one might be Turandot which does not depart Shanghai until June 11 (scheduled arrival Brisbane July 19) ... Or some other vehicle carrier...
EDD = June 6th - June 27

View attachment 943727
Orca Ace only needs 1 hour? LOL what level of delusion is that on the PK website? Smoko breaks take longer than an hour...