Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is graphene ceramic coating a special type of ceramic coating?
I assume it's better than normal ceramic?

I need to do my research..
It’s debatable how much Graphene actually helps the ceramic coating but what is non debatable is that Daniel from Tint Haus swears by the stuff and will top it up at no charge if it has failed. It’s a $300 premium over their standard ceramic coat.

If you are after a good normal ceramic, Fine Shine in Zetland uses Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra a 10H product with 9 year warranty. Starts from $795 for just the ceramic and goes to $1445 for the pack with interior and tinting. Not sure what tint they use though. These guys have rave google reviews too. 4.9 stars with 1.7k reviews. Must do a pretty damn good wash.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eaglezzz
Yep, Traffic Aware Cruise control (one tap of the stalk) only controls the speed. Autopilot (two taps) controls the steering wheel as well.
Which one is prone to phantom-braking or is it both?
Agreed. Maxxia's rate was far higher for my MYLR quote than others. Ended up going with sgfleet.
What was the interest rate with SGfleet? Sorry if I somehow missed you mentioning it.
I am not leaving this forum until you get your car @JonDarian :)
Neither am I! We're all here for you, @JonDarian. Need to see your happy ending (what's the PC version of nohomo?)

Didn't visit this forum for a few days and came back to 10+ pages which made the delays and waiting around more stomachable.
Come on Grand Eagle, hurry up!

Hi everyone, can now bow out of this forum. Picked up my Blue RWD/Black/19" (from SA ordered 31/1) yesterday after waiting an extra 4 days for novated lease payment to get sorted. Tesla were pretty good, saying they understood the issues with the leasing companies but also saying that there's only so long they could hold. The pickup experience was a bit rushed, because as soon as the payment went through I popped in to pick it up and they already had other customers. Spent about 5 minutes with the guy showing me how to set it all up and then could spend as long as I wanted before taking it home. It's well worth the wait!
Does the cars get registered a bit earlier (if so how many days) from the date it actually gets delivered.

Does the cars get registered a bit earlier (if so how many days) from the date it actually gets delivered.
Registration should mean it is at the delivery centre. Then, it might be an extra day before it is available for delivery. They realistically should already have invited you to book a delivery slot by the time registration happens. So, registration is usually within about a week of delivery (or being placed with the car carrier for regional and rural deliveries).

Reactions: satred
1687313032949.png

This is especially funny because JD's name is John Dorian which is pretty close to @JonDarian
I'm hoping people get the Scrubs reference and I'm not dating myself.

My EDD was updated this morning to 29 June - 20 July. Also received a text message/email saying "Your Model Y has arrived in Australia". I guess it was on the Morning Crystal. I hope to get it on or after 1 July to avoid paying the LCT. Haven't paid the final invoice yet. Just wonder if they are gonna issue a new invoice without the LCT after 1 July.

MYLR / White Paint / Black interior / 20’’ Induction Wheels
Order Date: 14/4/23
Vin Assigned & Final Invoice Received: 23/5/23
Built: 6/5/23
1st EDD: June 19 - June 30 (Brisbane)
2nd EDD: June 29 - July 20 (Brisbane)

Reactions: JohnsonMYLR23

What was the interest rate with SGfleet? Sorry if I somehow missed you mentioning it.

Neither am I! We're all here for you, @JonDarian. Need to see your happy ending (what's the PC version of nohomo?)

Didn't visit this forum for a few days and came back to 10+ pages which made the delays and waiting around more stomachable.
EDD for BrisVegas now back to 30 June - 20 July :confused::confused::confused:

Auto pilot (Stalk Double press down) is prone to phantom-braking but not the cruise control (Single press down)

Is the cruise control adaptive or do you need to go into auto pilot for that?
Cruise control I think give you ability to control the steering wheel. Auto pilot will steer the car as well as adjusting the speed accordingly as adaptive cruise control. On Ebay there is a weighted clamp that you can attach on the steering wheel to by pass the 'hold steering wheel' alert. I don't recommend that but some people use it for long distance driving.

My EDD was updated this morning to 29 June - 20 July. Also received a text message/email saying "Your Model Y has arrived in Australia". I guess it was on the Morning Crystal. I hope to get it on or after 1 July to avoid paying the LCT. Haven't paid the final invoice yet. Just wonder if they are gonna issue a new invoice without the LCT after 1 July.

Order Date: 14/4/23
Vin Assigned & Final Invoice Received: 23/5/23
Built: 6/5/23
1st EDD: June 19 - June 30 (Brisbane)
2nd EDD: June 29 - July 20 (Brisbane)
Think Morning Cherry as it's in Port atm. Mine updated to same dates this morning and text received. I asked if likely to get before eofy, they said more likely to be first week of July.
So now I'm watching inventory to see if anyone has cancelled a non vanilla YLR so I can take advantage of higher LCT in a configuration we'd prefer

Reactions: MYLRSC
Is the cruise control adaptive or do you need to go into auto pilot for that?
The cruise control is adaptive ("Traffic Aware Cruise Control - TACC"). I think it works well - I use it basically every time I drive (whereas I use the autopilot basically never).

You still get slowing/braking for potential obstacles in your marked lane (I would not use TACC while driving in a lane with parked cars or cyclists on the left) and crossing traffic. I haven't noticed actual phantom braking (braking for shadows / bridges etc) for a long time, but one of the best things you can do to avoid all kinds of sudden slowing is to increase the TACC following distance to at least 5.

The cruise control is adaptive ("Traffic Aware Cruise Control - TACC"). I think it works well - I use it basically every time I drive (whereas I use the autopilot basically never).

You still get slowing/braking for potential obstacles in your marked lane (I would not use TACC while driving in a lane with parked cars or cyclists on the left) and crossing traffic. I haven't noticed actual phantom braking (braking for shadows / bridges etc) for a long time, but one of the best things you can do to avoid all kinds of sudden slowing is to increase the TACC following distance to at least 5.
I agree that longer following distances are a good idea. One thing I don't like about the Kona is that it's longest following distance is still not adequate for highway speeds (only about 2 seconds behind the car in front at 100kph). I am hoping the Tesla TACC is better. That said, I am coming from an older-style cruise control which just sets the speed, so TACC should be at least equivalent if not better.

I hope to get it on or after 1 July to avoid paying the LCT. Haven't paid the final invoice yet. Just wonder if they are gonna issue a new invoice without the LCT after 1 July.

I think you will need to ask Tesla for an updated invoice on or after 1 July to remove the LCT. I have the same specs and plan to do the same

I think you will need to ask Tesla for an updated invoice on or after 1 July to remove the LCT. I have the same specs and plan to do the same
sorry if this is a dumb question but what benefits do you get if they update the final invoice on the 1 July? What is an LCT and how does it affect us in saving costs? We're going through a novated lease and theyre saying that theres no difference if we submit a new final invoice on 1 July because were still under the 80k ish LCT anyways is that true? And givent that we just got a text saying car has arrived im guessing i have about 2 weeks to sort out and pay the car but if i have to wait for the final invoice on the 1st of july that potentially gives me a couple days for novated lease to transfer the funds through successfully?

thanks in advance!

Really struggling to let this go. Based on the last 470 pages of this thread, no-one has received a vehicle within 2 months for new orders. Yet Tesla still give the indication that if you order now it is estimated to arrive Jun-Aug. Surely this is false advertising if they can't achieve this regardless of shipping and customs delays.
1687324883020.png

Reactions: satred and LWR15K
Really struggling to let this go. Based on the last 470 pages of this thread, no-one has received a vehicle within 2 months for new orders. Yet Tesla still give the indication that if you order now it is estimated to arrive Jun-Aug. Surely this is false advertising if they can't achieve this regardless of shipping and customs delays.
View attachment 949386
Same thing happened with Model 3. The estimate is accurate because Tesla is getting towards the end of the initial order rush.