Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to put it back to 3rd July to allow anyone needing theirs by June 30 to have my slot. I was also hoping to save $355 LCT. The whole thing cost me $4,000. Not happy Jan!
Bad timing... no one saw it coming thats for sure - except for some tight lipped Head Office staff at Tesla.

If it wasnt for the fact the 29 June delivery allowed for the wife to utilise IAWO and not pay GST, effectively dropping her down a full tax bracket and saving her a lot more than 3900, I'd be beside myself

My M3LR was on the Bergamot Ace.
The Turandot is scheduled to leave for Brisbane on 7 July, so I suspect it has already unloaded and is just sitting in the bay waiting for Brisbane to have a spot.
Nothing would be surprising with Australian ports at this point, but Turandot is probably not unloaded yet.

If the M3LR is on Bergamot Ace, your appointment should be scheduled soon.

My NL company is very efficient and paid for the car before my 15th July delivery. My NL company has also advised that I can liaise with Tesla and get the refund credit back into my account. Has anyone gone through the same situation and can advise? TIA
I’d have recommended you insist on the refund being made to the NL. You still pay interest on that money if you get it instead of the NL. Given my NL is charging stupid % I wasn’t giving them anything more for nothing 😂

Reactions: Red Man
I’d have recommended you insist on the refund being made to the NL. You still pay interest on that money if you get it instead of the NL. Given my NL is charging stupid % I wasn’t giving them anything more for nothing 😂
Plus I think if the ATO got wind of it there could be trouble. If you can't include premium connectivity or charging equipment in a lease and still be FBT exempt, there's no way you can effectively include a pile of cash in the lease!

Reactions: Ryan07
Just received the delivery approaching email/message. The message also said the car has landed in Australia. Checked RAV, that’s a No. Still no final invoice.
Same here. No vin, no invoice but got the email this morning saying to prepare as car has arrived in Australia. Iam in Sydney, where are you?

How long does it usually take after getting 'arrived in Australia' email? I need my final invoice to get the novated lease finance finalised..

I’m in the same boat. Ordered 22 March - Bris. White YRWD basic.

I spoke to the rep last week. He said in the past. VINs were allocated months in advance. And the dates kept getting delayed. Which resulted in many disgruntled customers. So now they are trying to not allocate a VIN until it’s close to delivery date. To avoid eta getting pushed out multiple times.

So hopefully this is true. And we won’t have to wait 2 mths once we get our VIN.

Don Juan is due to dock in Bris tmr. Hopefully ours are on there and we’ll get an eta and vin shortly. My Eta saying TBD atm
I ordered in RWD MY in late Jan.. my VIN got all allocated yesterday and it updated with a delivery range of 8-29 July In Brisbane... so I hope mine is on the Don Juan that is due tomorrow….🤞🚢🚘🛣️

Reactions: sod84 and THYRWD