Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So we ordered our model Y long range at the end of August. Yes, we are one of the lucky few who still haven’t received our car. Our EDD was meant to be end of Jan but when it updated to be March we learned from this forum that it was sent to Melbourne without being unloaded in PK. Tesla never admitted that to us - but today, when my husband sent a complaint text venting our frustrations, one of the managers called and confirmed that our car has been unloaded in Melb and is on a ferry or truck back to Sydney. Our EDD is now 17/2-9/3. Just sharing this to make other people who haven’t been waiting as long feel better 😆
Oh my gosh, maybe I’m in the same situation as you and Tesla never tell me the real reason. That’s why I was wondering why they need another month for pickup since I got the email/message that your car in Australia. I’m picking up on the 22-Feb

So we ordered our model Y long range at the end of August. Yes, we are one of the lucky few who still haven’t received our car. Our EDD was meant to be end of Jan but when it updated to be March we learned from this forum that it was sent to Melbourne without being unloaded in PK. Tesla never admitted that to us - but today, when my husband sent a complaint text venting our frustrations, one of the managers called and confirmed that our car has been unloaded in Melb and is on a ferry or truck back to Sydney. Our EDD is now 17/2-9/3. Just sharing this to make other people who haven’t been waiting as long feel better 😆
Interestingly I called them to complain and nothing was done. Sent a complaint email and same no replies or callbacks.
Sent them a message ranting about how poor the delivery experience has been and not how I expected to be treated for buying such an expensive car. This is when a manager called me apologising (he seemed to be exhausted by all the delays as all he was doing was calling customers and apologising) and gave me his contact number in case if I had any more questions.

Oh my gosh, maybe I’m in the same situation as you and Tesla never tell me the real reason. That’s why I was wondering why they need another month for pickup since I got the email/message that your car in Australia. I’m picking up on the 22-Feb
It makes sense why the Melbourne deliveries are so delayed. They're prioritising / scrambling the cars to Sydney by truck. Most people get a text 2-3 days after ship arrives and pickup within two weeks. Most of us are nearly two weeks with no text at all. What a debacle.

trying to make sense of this berthing schedule - walrus ace will berth 14th feb?
It's gotten worse now, berthing now end of Thursday 15th and Friday 16th Feb. Over 1 week from arriving to being able to berth is frustrating.

MC unloaded at PK around the 20th of Jan and I still havent gotten a single text or anything thats happened yet, just waiting waiting waiting without any information about where my car is🤦‍♂️
Same here. Texted, called support, spoke with a manager. All tell me to wait for this magical text message. Now suddenly seeing in my account it is delayed again, potentially March now. Initially estimate late Dec/early Jan.

Cancellation would still cost $400. Hate the Tesla service

Getting there.
IMG_4693.jpeg

My car was on Glovis. I went to Tesla office asking for cancellation of Glovis order and re-ordering of MYLR. My deposit was refunded.
Funny, just quoted you in the text message to Tesla and immediately got a voice call as I missed the call.
They made a mistake and can actually refund me the $400, but are also saying they've now prioritised my delivery and it's very close to getting ready.
I've literally asked before in text, at call centre and when talking to manager and kept getting a no. Now 1 quote from you and it's possible.

Thanks for the info, will decide what to do. Had a bit enough of all the Tesla issues so far:
- M3: charge port replacement
- M3: reverse camera stuttering, no warranty, software issue that can't be fixed
- M3: passenger seat controls broke off, had to wait for 4 weeks to get a repair
- M3: windscreen wipers barely work anymore due to software update
- MY: account issues, had to get my M3 fully reset for being able to have 2 different bank accounts (not as per payment screen)
- MY: initial delivery Dec 23, now Mar 24

Funny, just quoted you in the text message to Tesla and immediately got a voice call as I missed the call.
They made a mistake and can actually refund me the $400, but are also saying they've now prioritised my delivery and it's very close to getting ready.
I've literally asked before in text, at call centre and when talking to manager and kept getting a no. Now 1 quote from you and it's possible.

Thanks for the info, will decide what to do. Had a bit enough of all the Tesla issues so far:
- M3: charge port replacement
- M3: reverse camera stuttering, no warranty, software issue that can't be fixed
- M3: passenger seat controls broke off, had to wait for 4 weeks to get a repair
- M3: windscreen wipers barely work anymore due to software update
- MY: account issues, had to get my M3 fully reset for being able to have 2 different bank accounts (not as per payment screen)
- MY: initial delivery Dec 23, now Mar 24
They also said they have prioritised my delivery but I am pretty sure its still on the dock in Melbourne, it only takes 12ish hours to go from Melbourne to Sydney on a truck. They were just lying to get our hopes up lol, our cars are probably at the back of the dock.