Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AutoPilot 2.0 Updates Pending

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is in transit and scheduled for me to pick up Tuesday.. It was theoretically built the week they added the wiring harness and new camera casing. I am going to look at it and decide either to take it or not and forfeit my 2500... But if there is no new news by Tuesday I guess it would be silly to do so.

• Informative
Reactions: Zybd1201
Mine is in transit and scheduled for me to pick up Tuesday.. It was theoretically built the week they added the wiring harness and new camera casing. I am going to look at it and decide either to take it or not and forfeit my 2500... But if there is no new news by Tuesday I guess it would be silly to do so.
Best wishes on your inspection! Share feedback!

i never quite understand peoples willingness to just give away $2500

I think it's motivated by the fear of owning the last Tesla made that doesn't have the potential for eventual L4 autonomy.

If your reverse the postulate, ($2500 = Ψ for L4 Autonomy) it becomes easier to grok. Of course that perspective really boils down to a willingness to pay $2.5 over market (and be Tesla barren for a bit longer) for an AP hardware platform with that potential.

$2.5K means more to some than others.

I think it's motivated by the fear of owning the last Tesla made that doesn't have the potential for eventual L4 autonomy.

If your reverse the postulate, ($2500 = Ψ for L4 Autonomy) it becomes easier to grok. Of course that perspective really boils down to a willingness to pay $2.5 over market (and be Tesla barren for a bit longer) for an AP hardware platform with that potential.

$2.5K means more to some than others.

maybe so .. i can't do it 2500 is still 2500 there are plenty of other things I can use that money on. To just put it as a down payment and just write it off as .. " oh well " i can't do it .. maybe i just came up different cause even if i was a billionaire. I'm still not going to throw away 2500 like its nothing for some thats bills for the month.

In psychology this is called the "sunk cost fallacy".
The thing is, the $2500 is gone whatever you do, you ain't getting it back.
But it feels worse to lose it by pulling out than by sticking with the original commitment, so we end up committing to something we shouldn't just to avoid that feeling.

maybe so .. i can't do it 2500 is still 2500 there are plenty of other things I can use that money on. To just put it as a down payment and just write it off as .. " oh well " i can't do it .. maybe i just came up different cause even if i was a billionaire. I'm still not going to throw away 2500 like its nothing for some thats bills for the month.
Its not an easy decision but 2 years ago I bought my P85 October 15, 2014. One week after delivery, they announced all cars delivered From October 17 on had the Autopilot and they also now offered all wheel drive. So within a few days, my car became worth less than someone else that was ordered 3 days after me. And I most certainly would have waited and got all wheel drive.

First post although I've been lurking for a while. My S P90D was on the line last week and I took delivery on Friday. There appears to be multiple cameras in the housing behind the rear view mirror in my car. I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking at and I've never seen other housings to compare to but there appears to be at least two visible camera lenses; one in the center and one offset to the passenger side.

First post although I've been lurking for a while. My S P90D was on the line last week and I took delivery on Friday. There appears to be multiple cameras in the housing behind the rear view mirror in my car. I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking at and I've never seen other housings to compare to but there appears to be at least two visible camera lenses; one in the center and one offset to the passenger side.
Can you post a picture? If so you would be the first to report this! :cool:

You're likely confusing the light sensor for a second camera. The dual cameras look identical.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker