Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AutoPilot 2 Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My theory is that Tesla stopped production to upgrade the lines to install the new AP2 hardware, then of course there's time needed to test the line and the resulting vehicles, etc. So, leading up the the AP2 announcement, production could have been down for days already and perhaps days or weeks following the announcement.

Does anyone have any evidence to corroborate or refute this thought?

Got VIN number for my husband's S60D this morning after confirming last night. Can't believe VINs are in the 174xxx. My first Tesla in 2013 was 10xxx, #2 Tesla picked up last year was 81xxx! Delivery date is late Dec-early Jan. Hopefully AP2s are in full production now and car gets delivered by year-end. Am going on the factory in a couple weeks..maybe i'll see it on the production line...lol

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Let us know what Autopilot features are enabled upon delivery! Elon said the new Autopilot 2 software would be available in December. Wondering what features are offered on the cars rolling off the line now.

For sure. AFAIK, there are absolutely no automations at delivery. As soon as I get the 8.1 update, even late at night, I'll go capture some video on how it works out. :)

Any word if the CPU in the center display has been upgraded?

I asked my DS that question and he responded that the whole system was 40x more powerful, I'm not sure he understood the question or knows that there are different systems so.... Still unsure myself.

Seems logical to update everything though, FSDC opens the door for more things on the displays, apps and such.

Can you give an evaluation as to the range of the ultrasonic range sensors in the front and rear? They're claimed to be twice the resolution and range as the prior generation and I'd like to know if they're effective at blind spot detection now or not

Got VIN number for my husband's S60D this morning after confirming last night. Can't believe VINs are in the 174xxx. My first Tesla in 2013 was 10xxx, #2 Tesla picked up last year was 81xxx! Delivery date is late Dec-early Jan. Hopefully AP2s are in full production now and car gets delivered by year-end. Am going on the factory in a couple weeks..maybe i'll see it on the production line...lol

Just three years ago we had a whole thread on TMC about Multi-coat Red delivery - now it is a Level 5 autonomous driving capability! How times have changed. I wonder what it will be in 2019?