Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AutoPilot Buddy now officially banned in USA!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems Carl Reese, the owner of Autopilot Buddy has fraudulently filed a DMCA takedown notice with Thingiverse to get my Steering Wheel Balancer removed.

My thing, https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3437288 , is suspended due to this fraudulent action by Carl Reese. Carl is a liar and a fraud. My device was created 100% by me. It shares virtually no similarities with his failed Autopilot Buddy, and is in fact not even intended for the same use.

His fraudulent notice is unacceptable, he has not tried to contact me to explain his fraudulent actions.

I won't link to it here, but you can search my name on Thingiverse to see for yourself. If someone has a problem with it, filing a fraudulent DMCA takedown is not the way to handle it.

Last edited:
Seems Carl Reese, the owner of Autopilot Buddy has fraudulently filed a DMCA takedown notice with Thingiverse to get my Steering Wheel Balancer removed.

My thing, https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3437288 , is suspended due to this fraudulent action by Carl Reese. Carl is a liar and a fraud. My device was created 100% by me. It shares virtually no similarities with his failed Autopilot Buddy, and is in fact not even intended for the same use.

His fraudulent notice is unacceptable, he has not tried to contact me to explain his fraudulent actions.

I won't link to it here, but you can search my name on Thingiverse to see for yourself. If someone has a problem with it, filing a fraudulent DMCA takedown is not the way to handle it.
Very interesting! You got pictures of this bad boy assembled? Having a hard time wrapping my head on how it looks/works

Just wanted to post this... Carl Reese is a liar. He's trying to claim that he owns a patent on anything that attaches to the Tesla steering wheel if it's got a weight on it. LOL.

Good luck with that.

What a lying bag of crap Carl Reese is.

Attachments

• DMCA Takedown Notice.JPG
    DMCA Takedown Notice.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 69
Just wanted to post this... Carl Reese is a liar. He's trying to claim that he owns a patent on anything that attaches to the Tesla steering wheel if it's got a weight on it. LOL.

Actually he adds "to stop the Autopilot nag" to the claim in that letter. Which you haven't claimed.

Though I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish by "balancing" the steering wheel other than preventing the Autopilot nags. (Which actually isn't balancing the wheel, it is making it out of balance.)

There is a ton of prior art when it comes to using weight to stop a nag. People have been tying weights to the steering wheel well BEFORE autopilot ever came out to stop "hold the steering wheel" nags.

Plus the NHTSA won't let him sell the device so why is he so obsessed with it?

Actually he adds "to stop the Autopilot nag" to the claim in that letter. Which you haven't claimed.

Though I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish by "balancing" the steering wheel other than preventing the Autopilot nags. (Which actually isn't balancing the wheel, it is making it out of balance.)

Because he is selling a redesigned one that is "designed to hold a cell phone to the steering wheel". Which I'm sure is the only reason anyone could possibly buy it. :rolleyes:

So which is it, cell phone holder or nag disabler ;)?

Some people add weight so that their normal grip style triggers detection, but not so much that the grip is not needed.

• Informative
Reactions: MP3Mike
Yes - I've tried Std, Chill & Sport. The whole idea of using the wheel to back check for attention & disengagement based on force applied is weird.

I hope they implement a visual system to keep track.

AFAIK the only company that uses a visual system to track driver engagement is caddy and they have a much more advanced internal camera setup than what comes in the Model 3 to make it happen.

It's another thing where Tesla kinda planned for FSD to get here sooner instead of later, where driver engagement won't be required anyway so why put more expensive HW inside to track something that won't matter soon?

I need something like this. AP does not recognize my grip on the wheel and i’ve to move the volume knob to remove the nag.

So can you still use the wheel to disengage AP? Try torquing the wheel slightly less than that to stop the nag. It's not "grip" it's "torque."

If you're saying that you can turn the wheel all the way until AP disengages without stopping the nag, that sounds like something serious, but also, very very strange.