Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot lane keeping still not available over 6 months after delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 2016 Honda Accord will have the following toys -

"All 2016 Accords also can now be equipped with Honda Sensing™, among the most comprehensive suite of advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies in the class. Honda Sensing includes a Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™) with Forward Collision Warning (FCW), Lane Keeping Assist (LKAS), Road Departure Mitigation (RDM) with Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC).."

This is a car you will be able to purchase in September 2015. LKAS is Honda's version of 'Autopilot' btw, Acura's have had this feature for 3 years now.

Elon Musk quote "Tesla is a silicon valley company. If we are not the leader, well shame on us".

Well shame on you Tesla.

Here is a video from Oct 2 2014.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to put to fine a point on it but...

I'm pretty active around here (well, mostly) and I still don't know if bonnie's Model X will be delivered or my Gen 3 reservation will be made before Lane Keeping works on my inventory P85D that I took delivery of in April. My current guess is Gen3, bonnie's, then Lane Keeping which is likely accurate but depressing.

Lane keeping, my Model X, Gen 3 launch. That's my prediction.

Anyone want to take any bets on timing for public lane keeping release? I already lost one bet here, so, looking to put up another fight for local charity. lol.

My money is on November.

Maybe we shloud all get pitchforks and march down to Tesla headquarters?

You sure that's wise, Jason? Some of them are already armed with those Nerf things you sent them:

I've expanded my Nerf missile shipments to include my DS and Elon Musk, as well as the original one to the factory. All orders included a nerf missle gun, enough Nerf ammo to bring down a small country, and a note along the lines of "Use these against those who are holding up the Ds!"

I also ordered a bunch of stuff for Toys for Tots while I was at it.

That being said, why can't Tesla just tweak the wording on its website to eliminate the present tense where appropriate and to clarify what activation over time means. This isn't rocket science.

This is the frustrating part for me. This isn't hard. The Supercharger rollout promises. Autopilot. The cash price of the friggin' cars.

Each of these could be 'fixed' so as to eliminate 95% of the qualms we customers/potential customers have on these fronts, with literally minutes of work. Minutes! Tesla has a product that sells itself. This overpromising BS is totally unnecessary.

Then there's the more regular level of failed communication. Delivery windows missed, with no proactive communication unless the customer pulled teeth. Cars delivered without features that were ordered. (Next-gen seats, which rather ironically were likely not Tesla's fault, at least not primarily, yet they managed to incur enough fault of their own through shady lack of preemptive notification and failure to follow through with communication post delivery.) Too-early release of clearly alpha-level software (end to range anxiety, lol).

They will learn. I fear they will learn the hard way, through a significant painful event.

Irksome.

I love the car, and plan to own an X when my reservation # is called. I respect Tesla's goals, and Musk's willingness to put everything on the line personally for this and his other endeavors. I support Tesla's workforce, and recognize that they are working quite hard on incredibly difficult challenges.

But in the end, they quite simply need to do a whole lot of growing up in the communications department. I recall having similar discussions on this board back in early 2013 over other issues, and believing they'd do that growing up in the next year or two. Well, here we are, two years later, and little to no growing up has occurred.

Mr. Reyes, ball's in your court.