Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot lane keeping still not available over 6 months after delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Instagram

I wish they would get the Autopilot software finished and not fiddle around with easter eggs like this... <sigh>
I understand your perspective. But I wouldn't expect to tell Jerry Jones how to run the Cowboys anymore then I'd tell Elon Musk how to run Tesla. I certainly don't agree with their every decision but the most likely way we "get to awesome" is by letting them do things their way. I have several gripes with the company (which I'm vocal about) but I'm absolutely in love with the product that's currently in my possession (though it could certainly be made more awesome if the Ludicrous update ever gets rolling). The product got that way by letting these guys and gals do their thing, their way. So we have only two options: (1) wait patiently; or (2) shop elsewhere. You know it. I know it. And Tesla knows it.

Instagram

I wish they would get the Autopilot software finished and not fiddle around with easter eggs like this... <sigh>
Someone at Tesla sets the priority. Obviously, AP is not high on the list. Oh wait, AP is already in Beta, we just need to wait a month or two. They probably have my guess in the WK057 contest, and they want to make me win the contest. :wink:

Last edited:
I have heard from a reliable source that Tesla is in the process of rolling out a second iteration of the autopilot firmware to the early access group.

Please do not ask me to reveal this source. I don't know anything beyond the above. I do not believe I'll be receiving any additional information, but if I receive any that I can share I will certainly do that.

If you want to question the veracity of this information since I can't disclose the source, that's fine.

I have heard from a reliable source that Tesla is in the process of rolling out a second iteration of the autopilot firmware to the early access group.

Please do not ask me to reveal this source. I don't know anything beyond the above. I do not believe I'll be receiving any additional information, but if I receive any that I can share I will certainly do that.

If you want to question the veracity of this information since I can't disclose the source, that's fine.

Well, guess no AP in September then.

That's disappointing and interesting at the same time. The latter because the X is delivered before end of month and it was tauted as having AP capabilities beyond what was currently on offer. I assumed this meant the X would come with 7.0, with a later release to the model S. But if they are still rolling out new iterations of betas that theory suddenly doesn't seem plausible anymore. I really, really hope Tesla is not playing a repeat of the game they played earlier. Tell everyone how great their AP is without making explicit that we shouldn't expect it right away with the first deliveries.

That's disappointing and interesting at the same time. The latter because the X is delivered before end of month and it was tauted as having AP capabilities beyond what was currently on offer. I assumed this meant the X would come with 7.0, with a later release to the model S. But if they are still rolling out new iterations of betas that theory suddenly doesn't seem plausible anymore. I really, really hope Tesla is not playing a repeat of the game they played earlier. Tell everyone how great their AP is without making explicit that we shouldn't expect it right away with the first deliveries.
Founders are the most loyal customer of Tesla. Any short coming won't be publicized. There are no wide spread public event planned for the Founders deliveries. We will only know the real score when signature series is delivered, which at this time is still indeterminate.

Is it time to update the thread title? I'm coming up on "over 9 months after delivery".

So someone taking fairly early delivery (I'm not quite there yet), could have impregnated his wife in the backseat (or been impregnated by her husband in the backseat), the baby could have been carried to full-term, delivered, and now home from the hospital (or wherever it was delivered), being oohed and ahhed over by friends and relatives in less time than Tesla has taken to release a feature many of us thought was coming with our cars.

Let's hope the feature is released before this hypothetical kid starts school!

So someone taking fairly early delivery (I'm not quite there yet), could have impregnated his wife in the backseat (or been impregnated by her husband in the backseat), the baby could have been carried to full-term, delivered, and now home from the hospital (or wherever it was delivered), being oohed and ahhed over by friends and relatives in less time than Tesla has taken to release a feature many of us thought was coming with our cars.

Let's hope the feature is released before this hypothetical kid starts school!

Once autonomous driving is released (not autopilot), I wonder how many will try to impregnate (or be impregnated) while going for an autonomous ride. :scared: