Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After reading 217 pages of comments I can't seem to find a solid answer - does the backdoor URL edit stop working at some point?

**Talked to a NV rep last week as I needed to change pickup location and was told both she and the DA were unable to access parts of my account which she said is an indication that I have been moved down to the contracts department. Tired the backdoor edit trick today for giggles and it didn't work anymore. Worked a week-ish ago when I tried it.

I tried, but couldn't manage a slick report for you. sad_face. But you can open the AWD / Performance Order Tracker yourself, and follow the instructions on the Data page to filter records, for example, only orders which include the 'Edit' button disappearing:

upload_2018-9-18_0-43-55.png

I know this isn't back-door edit list, but hope it helps!

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-18_0-43-27.png
    upload_2018-9-18_0-43-27.png
    140.6 KB · Views: 58
Has anyone gotten a delivery date email since the big wave went out about 2 weeks ago? Really hoping I can schedule a date soon :(
30 Sep: Car is trucked from Fremont to Richmond, CA rail depot. Discovered this once I had the VIN. BNSF rail schedule shows 7 or 8 days to ship from RIchmond, CA to Chicago, IL.

5 Sep 2018: Email confirming 28 Sep date I selected in earlier phone call from Delivery Scheduling team. This may have been triggered when car was loaded on train. The Delivery call also told me there was a VIN assigned, but did not tell me the VIN.

9 Sep 2018: Send reply email to Delivery Scheduling team saying they're welcome to schedule an earlier delivery of a car that meets our specs if that helps their logistics. We have the funds and insurance, no trade-in. About 30 minute drive from Tesla Devon, PA. Could also use local SEPTA rail with 10-minute walk at each end.

10 Sep 2018: Email confirming revised 22 Sep date I selected in phone call from Delivery Scheduling team.

14 Sep 2018: OA uses revised system to nearly instantly attach Referral Code to the order. He had been unable to do this in August. Implies Tesla is changing its system so more customer-facing roles can resolve a wider range of problems directly and instantly instead of referring them to another group.

Plan to call Tesla Devon on Wed 19 Sep to confirm delivery. Estimate 80% probability of delivery as scheduled. Growing concern that I don't yet see my VIN transported from an East Coast rail depot to Devon. Our daughter's family is ready to share our S100D once my wife moves to the P3D LR. HPWC installed on 100 Amp circuit, first road trip planned...

Reactions: tony b
Another data point for everyone.

P3D | OBM | 18" | Black | EAP
Reserved 3/31/16 online, not previous owner
Edit backdoor stopped working 9/14
Contacted 9/17 with VIN 707XX
Delivery scheduled 9/24

I just want to clarify on how fast they're making this happen, even with my indecisiveness:
15APR18: 3LRx | MSM | 19" | Black | EAP <- First Production order
27JUN18: 3LRD | MSM | 19" | Black | EAP
14JUL18: P3D- | PWx | 18" | Black | EAP
05AUG18: 3LRD | MSM | 18" | Black | EAP
10SEP18: P3D- | MSM | 18" | Black | EAP
12SEP18: P3D- | OBM | 18" | Black | EAP

Tesla wasn't kidding when they said Obsidian Black and Silver would be prioritized. I got my VIN four days after my final edit and I'm taking delivery 7 days after that.

Thanks. Just checked and no record for it yet. Anyone have any estimates o. How long it typically takes to deliver a car by train from California to St. Louis? Sounds like there are a lot of people getting their deliveries delayed so wondering if I will end up in that boat.
BNSF schedule is online. Carload Transit Schedules - Customer Station

About 8 days from Richmond, CA to St. Louis, MO. Put that in your reality-checker and see what comes out.

Pretty easy if you're West of the MIssissippi river.
- Enter Richmond, CA as Origin with "Release to BNSF"
- Enter destination city & state as "Placement on BNSF"

It's finally happening!

Got a delivery date of 9/24 after attending the delivery event in Fremont last week. Small world, was assisted on site by my original ISA who helped me switch to AWD over the phone back in June.

Account was updated about two days later with same info showing 9/24 delivery date and Kato Road address for pickup and receive e-mail from original ISA.

On Friday, my ISA reached out to say they were reviewing my account and asked to upload new insurance policy info which had expired.

Uploaded current policy info and got a reply few minutes later asking me to login and confirm all of the info on my account one last time.

Noticed the delivery address now showed Fremont Delivery center instead of Kato Road address.

Immediately followed up with new ISA and asked for confirmation. Got response back few minutes later and confirmed the address had been updated. Also followed up with original ISA who also responded to confirm.

After confirming everything on Friday my account status changed to "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery".

Logged in yesterday to see that MVPA is now finalized and I have VIN 1006xx !!!

Got to say I have been pretty happy with level of service received so far. I know not everyone has had such luck. Hoping my luck does not run out for delivery.

Long Range All-Wheel Drive
Red Multi-Coat Paint
19’’ Sport Wheels
Premium Interior
Premium White
Enhanced Autopilot

How are you able to tell if EAP is active at delivery? Doesn't it need to calibrate first? Is the option simply grayed out in the settings if it thinks you don't have it?
It very much needs to calibrate first. This could take between 30 mins and an hour. The way to activate it is when driving over 20mph or so depress the gear shift fully down twice in rapid succession. you should hear a two-tone bell time chime ding-ding. To my recollection, if it doesn't work there will be a ding-ding-ding much faster. You'll also see on the monitor a highlighted speed limit sign. Also review in the owners manual using EAP, activating etc. Further, once it's activate unless you turn on it's functions like lane keep or others, it won't do them. The online (or pdf) manual is your friend.

It very much needs to calibrate first. This could take between 30 mins and an hour. The way to activate it is when driving over 20mph or so depress the gear shift fully down twice in rapid succession. you should hear a two-tone bell time chime ding-ding. To my recollection, if it doesn't work there will be a ding-ding-ding much faster. You'll also see on the monitor a highlighted speed limit sign. Also review in the owners manual using EAP, activating etc. Further, once it's activate unless you turn on it's functions like lane keep or others, it won't do them. The online (or pdf) manual is your friend.

Yes, I've actually read the entire manual already so I'm aware of the functionality once it is available. I guess I should have phrased my question better as I was unclear of how the UI would display EAP not being available. As in will the option simply not be present in the menu or will it be grayed out, etc. If I saw it grayed out, I would have assumed it wasn't calibrated yet, not that I don't have it enabled for my VIN. Something good to look for as I also have a Saturday delivery scheduled in Minneapolis as @Kardax did. It was certainly news to me though that it calibrates even if you don't have the feature enabled on your account.

Last edited:
Indeed. Zero benefit of others knowing... and zero risk of others knowing. It just seems so odd. The VIN describes the car. No personal information about ownership or anything other than... the car that's sitting right there. Potential risk for no reward? There is no risk nor reward.

I guess having worked in IT for many years, I just take a more cautious approach since I don't know what someone could do with my full VIN or if there are possible software hacks requiring a VIN that could exist in the future which we don't know about yet. I know the VIN is public info, but once online it would be trivial for someone to cross reference a VIN with my true identity (I bet some of the smart people on here could find my name, physical address, and email address within minutes from my username and city alone). Seeing my car in a parking lot, people wouldn't necessarily be able to link it to me specifically (or maybe they could but it would be harder). Yes, probably overly cautious, but that's the potential risk I refer to, with no clear benefit. I do see a small benefit to sharing a portion of my VIN so that others can get a loose sense of production progress. If it proves to be a waste of time XXXing things out, great. Nothing lost, nothing gained.

Switched to white interior saturday, edit button went away later that evening, asked for 3rd party financial info sunday, yesterday got an email form IDA in las vegas that my car has been built and they want to deliver by the end of sept. Ambitious, since i am a texas buyer.

Congrats for crossing the first bridge. based on lot of updates like this, Tesla is not building car per the order and they as just randomly doing batch processing (based on some logic including supply chain crap I guess) and then randomly matching it to the orders with little bit of a priority for reservation holders where they can. Sounds like they have tons of cars with white seats parked in airport parking lots in all color combination (P and AWD).. so for the additional $1500 they have move the car twice which might eat up the additional margin. Let's see whether the game Tesla playing is going to help them to go green in Q3 or hurt them more with boat load of unsold inventory when 774 of us still waiting for delivery schedule.

Last edited: