Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Inside the padded center console on our car was a package of two cellphone charging cables. One with an iPhone lightning connection and the other cable for android phones with their connector. We're an iPhone family so of course wanted two of the same kind. Swapping cables with someone else who's an android family works out well for all involved.

BTW in our glove box was a owners manual (yes! printed) and some other little booklet maybe warranty not sure. Also a zip lock bag with a metal wire in it. I asked about this and was told it was for your tire lug nuts I think. The Monroney sticker listing what you bought, options, price, VIN, eMPG or whatever it's called was placed behind our rear seats on the kind of trunk stationary parcel shelf. If you were a Day 1 line waiter and they still had any of the die cast Model 3 cars left, I've heard people found them in their cushioned center console section when they opened it up. Just read some people were still getting them (might depend on local store's supply).

Do check for your Mobile Connector in the square black zipper bag. Should be in your trunk area, believe ours was in the lower portion of the trunk, if not look for it in your frunk. Check to see you have the 3 adapters there--NEMA 14/50, J1772, and not sure what the third one was. The one thing I didn't look for was the Tow Hook. Hopefully don't ever need it but important to have in case you do. Have to remember to check for that. Might be in the trunk or frunk.
Thank you. You have been most helpful.

Reactions: SMAlset
Oh, and my Slacker Streaming app keeps returning an "Invalid Account" message, but I've sent an email about that and hoping it's not a big problem to solve.
My wife's P3D LR seemed to need 36 hours to finish updating, configuring and calibrating.
- EAP calibrated during the 15 mile drive home.
- Notification that software update was ready shortly after I parked the car, so I went out to the car & triggered update just before dinner.
- EAP was initially unavailable after update.
- Streaming services didn't become visible/available until the following day.

I just got an email showing my order was modified but I didn't change anything. I logged onto my account and it showed my delivery schedule changed from the delivery center to my house. Weird, I called yesterday, and said I don't want the car until they unlock my loan app. I didn't want the car yesterday or today, and I don't want it next weekend either. Especially at my house which is 40 miles away - are they going to truck it down? They don't respond to emails. It's been over 15 days since I heard from anyone via email. I'm not sure how they'll handle the sale/hand off but I kind of like the idea of ordering the car through my phone and it being delivered to my house though. They need to set this up with Amazon Prime in the future. I'm interested in seeing this play out but I'm afraid I will be pressured to take it if the paint is all chipped up, etc. This saves me driving into the city, but I hope I get a good build.

Also, looks like they are accepting credit card as down payments per other thread. Maybe that's what they'll do? Can anyone chime in that took home delivery this weekend and tell your experience?

Reactions: TechSavvyWife
I just got an email showing my order was modified but I didn't change anything. I logged onto my account and it showed my delivery schedule changed from the delivery center to my house. Weird, I called yesterday, and said I don't want the car until they unlock my loan app. I didn't want the car yesterday or today, and I don't want it next weekend either. Especially at my house which is 40 miles away - are they going to truck it down? They don't respond to emails. It's been over 15 days since I heard from anyone via email. I'm not sure how they'll handle the sale/hand off but I kind of like the idea of ordering the car through my phone and it being delivered to my house though. They need to set this up with Amazon Prime in the future. I'm interested in seeing this play out but I'm afraid I will be pressured to take it if the paint is all chipped up, etc. This saves me driving into the city, but I hope I get a good build.

Also, looks like they are accepting credit card as down payments per other thread. Maybe that's what they'll do? Can anyone chime in that took home delivery this weekend and tell your experience?

Same thing happened with my order last night. My order, previously, only had my name & email. Now it has my name, address, phone & email. Also the order placed date changed from 7/24/2018 to 9/23/2018.

I would agree with regards to service. It was top notch when we bought out S in 2014 but as cars got more numerous it went down dramatically. They have extremely poor communication at our local service center. They text our home phone (even though we give them the #to text, as this has happened multiple times), never call and then ask when WE call why we didn’t pick up our car 5 days ago. They do not return calls or emails, When we call they often don’t know the status is our vehicle etc. i have multiple stories of failure of communication. I don’t even totally blame the local folks, the model is not set up to support this # of vehicles. The whole “they never need service model” is not a correct assumption. Hopefully the mobile repair program helps.
Mobile repair program is nice but has even more communications problems than the service centers themselves.

Seriously, if BYD or BAIC brings their cars to the US and just has basic communications skills, people will buy BYD or BAIC cars in preference to Teslas. The communications clusterfuck is unbelievable.

Me! I am a day one reservation holder and ordered a RWD M3 on 5/4. When they announced the AWD, I still didn't have a vin, so they put me back in the reservation queue and I was invited and configured on 6/26 - a day BEFORE the floodgates opened. I switched to white interior right when it became available, but made no other changes.

After seeing so many people with the SAME configuration and the SAME deliver center (Mt Kisco, NY) getting deliveries scheduled even though they should be way behind me in the queue, I finally called about 3 weeks ago and was told (after waiting on hold for 50 mins) that everything was fine with my order. I then called again 7 days ago and the woman agreed that I should have had movement by now, but couldn't see anything wrong. She talked to her supervisor who was going to flag my order and send it up the chain for review. I thought I was FINALLY on track to make some progress, then...., crickets all week.
Call again and *try* to get the same woman.

Mobile repair program is nice but has even more communications problems than the service centers themselves.

Seriously, if BYD or BAIC brings their cars to the US and just has basic communications skills, people will buy BYD or BAIC cars in preference to Teslas. The communications clusterfuck is unbelievable.
Dude, with all due respect, your posts here are turning into a personal crusade against anything and everything Tesla. We get it. You are extremely disappointed with the delivery process. We have heard this expressed ad-nauseum in countless posts of yours over the last few weeks. Reality...it's not going to change anything. They are working through this. That much is clear. You are not happy with their efforts. That much is also clear. So continuing to express that disappointment is doing nothing but perhaps making you feel better. It certainly is doing nothing for me. Yeah, I know then just scroll past, right? Well, perhaps taking up more and more post space is a little over the top too.

Dan

Same thing happened with my order last night. My order, previously, only had my name & email. Now it has my name, address, phone & email. Also the order placed date changed from 7/24/2018 to 9/23/2018.

Where did you see the order date? I don"t see any dates. My delivery appointment just shows date, time, and my address. Used to show the delivery center's address.

Edit- never mind , I saw the dates in the PDF they sent. Ordered on 9/23. Btw, still no VIN and I can still edit.

• Informative
Reactions: TechSavvyWife
Put me down for odd email; however, it's pretty clear that the price changed and the tax went up. Either it's good, as it could indicate they're pulling exact numbers closer to since they changed, or simply tax rate is changing and it's nothing new to see here. Either way sucks. Getting a "Tesla" email when you're still groggy was a huge punch in the gut for it not to be a delivery email.

My due to take delivery next Thursday and my MVPA just showed up on my account. Is this a good indication that delivery will be on time?
i got rescheduled from 9/20 to 9.27 with an MVPA in my account. Just keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best. Praying i don't get rescheduled again since i am getting a ride there and it sucks to have my ride cancel his schedule twice...

So happy your car and paperwork were there and you got to drive away with your Model 3. I had my fingers crossed for you. Did notice a group of 5-6 people to the right of my passenger side talking in the parking lot roadway. They were taking pictures of their car and then before they left took pictures in front of the Tesla building address. LOL about the phone cable. The MX to the drivers side of us was an iPhone person as well. My husband did go around the immediate parking lot area asking people if they wanted to swap cables. Would have been funny if he approached you. He did find someone, so we were able to plug both of ours in on the ride home and the charging worked.

Trying to think of all the things to check out before our 3 days are up for the due bill. My hood looks fine but I thought the gap was a bit tight looking right at the front so will see if it can be adjusted a bit. It closed fine without hitting the body. My husband did notice the right passenger side body around the headlight protruded out a bit. Didn't notice it at first with the sun on it but as the sun moved he picked up on it and said he did add that to the due bill for adjustment. One thing I will say, and heard others say this too, is that you need to be sure you close the doors hard enough to fully close. After plugging in at home my husband noticed on the app that my driver's door was open. Something we'll have to get use to compared to our MS. Cabin overheat protection was on (use all the time on our MS), and we added Lock Upon Leaving. Overall extremely pleased with the car.

So you got hit by the left turn signal blinker issue. Was that on all the way back to Davis?? I had read yesterday on a thread on here about it affecting some cars, our VIN 88,7xx btw was 9/18 manufacture. Did your VIN fall into the group listed in the thread? Before we left the Tesla parking lot we tested out the left turn signal and drove around the adjacent parking lot a bit just getting aquainted to the handling. Our EAP was calibrating as soon as we pulled out and my husband said it finished calibrating and he used TACC a good part of the way home. One of his favorite features.

The battery was about half charged at Tesla and we charged a bit more when we got home. No problems with the adapter, charging cable or charge port. Plan to take the car to a Supercharger later tonight to make sure no problems at that end. Curious how the payment thing will work (free supercharging on our MS). I don't think new cars are getting billed immediately...takes a few days or so to appear...will see later tonight.
What is TACC?

Have you spoken to a human at your delivery location? If not, call them and verify the appointment. Otherwise, it’s just part of the SOP they have going right now with very late finalization of details.

I called yesterday. They admitted that it "doesn't look good" and put an "urgent note" on my account for a DA to call me. I am presently waiting for that call.

I am now 5 days from my scheduled delivery with no VIN, no MVPA, and a working edit page.

You're not getting your car. This is the telltale sign that you will be getting a call at the 11th hour to reschedule your delivery. Unfortunately, if you don't have regular contact with a Delivery Advisor (not Scheduler), there's nothing you can do but wait.

I called Tesla every day for the last week that my account was in this state and they told me "everything's fine" all the way up until they called to cancel.