Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a call from DS today. Car is still on Rail Car and will not be released to prep center till tomorrow. They asked to move my pickup to the 2nd....but I will be out of town traveling and not going to be able to pick it up till the 9th. The good news is the all my scheduled upgrades (car wrap, chrome delete, and such) are scheduled for the 10th.

DS said I was top of the list since I was day one reservation in store and multiple Tesla owner. Said they are delivering 8 AWD non performance this week. I was at the top of the list. All Red in case anyone wants to know.

Take that with a grain of salt....who knows what the real story is....

I am hoping delivery date stands.. The Chicago delivery center said mine is the first AWD scheduled for delivery. Having driven a RWD M3 before I am curious as well. I figured the AWD was required for Chicago winters..

I've been sitting at "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment." for the last week. No edit button anywhere. Sept-Nov estimate.

6/28 order, AWD MSM aero, current owner.

Located near Baltimore, MD. Edit button disappeared last Wed or Thursday. So far no contact with Tesla (email or otherwise). Day one reservation holder, originally finalized May 23, edited July 23. White, AWD, Aero, Black interior.

Wonder how big the batches are. I imagine the MSM batch has to be bigger than the Silver one. Every other 3 I see is probalby MSM.
Check the Survey tab here: Model 3 Order Tracker #1 (Troy: There are a few identical files to avoid overcrowding)

You'll see MSM is the most popular colour of the people self-reporting there, edging out Deep Blue. The two of those used to be well ahead of the rest but Multicoat Red has closed a lot of ground over the last few months.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-07-30-21-17-08.png
    Screenshot_2018-07-30-21-17-08.png
    293.2 KB · Views: 110
Yup. Owings Mills. I just tried this trick to look for my VIN and it worked! VIN 54XXX! Still no contact with anyone at Tesla.

https://i.imgur.com/g5OIs3C.jpg

I tried this method in IE browser and it shows a VIN number: 64XXX
No contact from ISA on the VIN assignment. I will call up and try to confirm the delivery.

Reservation online 3/31/2016
Ordered June 18 - RWD; switched to AWD on July 20
AWD non-P, Blue, Aero, EAP