Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3/31/2016 Line Waiter in Cleveland, reserved ~10:30 a.m.
Ordered 7/18/2018
Delivery Date: 8/21/2018 in Cleveland

LR AWD, MSM, Black Interior, 19" Sport Wheels, Enhanced Autopilot
VIN: 68XXX

I reserved on 3/28/2018 and getting mine by end of the week, granted current owner and in california. So there is not only reservation date, but other factors. 10K AWD registered, so any time now.

These and other posts make me think that the priority for AWD Deliveries is current owners first, then in reservation date order (not config), of course reflecting geography and configuration type batching (eg doing a bunch of Ps with white interior first).

These and other posts make me think that the priority for AWD Deliveries is current owners first, then in reservation date order (not config), of course reflecting geography and configuration type batching (eg doing a bunch of Ps with white interior first).

I think that "current owners" only got preference if ordered before the flood gates opened (when they opened ordering to all). As a current owner of a Model X, I specifically asked if I got preference when I placed my M3 order on 7/13/18. I don't recall the specific answer, but the general gist was "no longer giving preference to existing or prior owners.

Ordered 7/18/2018

This more or less confirms reservation date priority. I reserved 7/29/17, ordered 6/30/18 and have almost the exact same config and also in Cleveland. So far I only have the original estimate of Sept-Nov.

Reactions: the_danimal
Ordered 7/18/2018

3/31/2016 online reservation deposit the minute that it opened.
Located in Cleveland
6/27/18 Order completed as soon as AWD was opened
LR AWD, Blue, Black Interior 19" Sport Wheels, EAP

No news from Tesla. Called 8/6/18 to check to make sure I have everything completed and they told me I had a VIN. Nothing displayed on my account page. No encoded VIN before they closed the loop on the hack.

VIN: 63XXX

Account still shows Sept-Nov delivery.

Located in Cleveland

No news from Tesla. Called 8/6/18 to check to make sure I have everything completed and they told me I had a VIN. Nothing displayed on my account page. No encoded VIN before they closed the loop on the hack.

You are giving hope to the May AWD Blue vehicle orders. Hopefully this is a large blue batch and they can find some white seats for us.

Reactions: Sagedaddy
Located in Cleveland

This was my exact config til I changed interior to white. Gives me hope that I'm up soon.

Reactions: Sagedaddy
Saw a user on reddit that was a day reservation holder but configured in mid-July. He got the VIN/ call/ delivery setup.

That basically confirms reservation time counts. I haven't seen anyone getting delivery notices that didn't have day 1/ early reservations

Saw a user on reddit that was a day reservation holder but configured in mid-July. He got the VIN/ call/ delivery setup.

That basically confirms reservation time counts. I haven't seen anyone getting delivery notices that didn't have day 1/ early reservations

Litterally someone on this page stated that they reserved this year and is getting their car by end of week...

I reserved on 3/28/2018 and getting mine by end of the week, granted current owner and in california. So there is not only reservation date, but other factors. 10K AWD registered, so any time now.

Reactions: boriszima