Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW Tesla seems to employ a lot of folks who know nothing about their vehicles or their production... I got to test drive a P3D today- when I mentioned I had an order in for a regular AWD with no VIN yet he told me they were only building RWD and P now and wouldn't "start" building regular AWD until next year so I should change my order to one of those if I want the full tax credit.
Too funny! You corrected him, right? He was probably new.

Reactions: Ron Kerensky
This also throws out all the garbage about the res date NOT mattering, but I’m guessing your location and options had more of a role in things.
Yes, and it also shows that the delivery estimate is not personalized at all. I had an Oct-Dec estimate which is why I didn't expect at all to get the car so soon (and now have to scramble to liquefy some investments to be able to get a cashier's check on Monday).

• Helpful
Reactions: S5S5G6
Yes, and it also shows that the delivery estimate is not personalized at all. I had an Oct-Dec estimate which is why I didn't expect at all to get the car so soon (and now have to scramble to liquefy some investments to be able to get a cashier's check on Monday).
It's on their website resv is primary (obviously +/-). March 31 thru around April 3rd or so are dramatically heavy resv days. After that it falls off precipitously. I agree with prior poster, we'll see accelerated deliveries next week.i think delivery est is under promise, over deliver.

So I called yesterday since I haven't had an edit for over a month AND the backdoor has never worked. The rep I spoke with said that everything looked OK and that my car was in production. She said she's able to see if a VIN is assigned and could provide it if had been assigned (mine has not been assigned).

She said that she isn't able to see any more details than that or whether or not my order had actually begun production or was just in queue. The only other detail she gave me was that a Delivery Advisor would call me 5 weeks prior to delivery.

from talking to friend in Fremont site, literally there is nearly no production of AWD this week due to shortage of few components of AWD. Parts should be available for ramp up next week. I hope it would be blue color batch. Since they just start the 2nd paint station, I hope there will be more color batches coming out.

Well that lines up with the "send all the workers from the entire line home early @ 230pm for three days this week" news that leaked out.

• Informative
Reactions: webdbbt
Order and Delivery - Model 3

I’m a Model 3 reservation holder. Will I receive priority delivery?
Actual delivery timeframes are based on reservation date, order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration.
Yep, as time has gone on I realize they type them in order - but post-floodgates reality its a composite value.

I am glad to see a 3/31 res holder come in “late” in the game and get their car at lightning speed (AWD and all!) though. That is nice to see.

Well that lines up with the "send all the workers from the entire line home early @ 230pm for three days this week" news that leaked out.
... and if all this is true - good for them.
I know not a lot of Tesla owners have worked in a factory, but I do think of those workers putting in all those hours. We need them rested up for when the next batch of parts come and they start cranking again! Even though there's a lot of robotics, I think those little flaws like frunk gaps are more prone to happen when workers are trying to hit crazy numbers..

... and if all this is true - good for them.
I know not a lot of Tesla owners have worked in a factory, but I do think of those workers putting in all those hours. We need them rested up for when the next batch of parts come and they start cranking again! Even though there's a lot of robotics, I think those little flaws like frunk gaps are more prone to happen when workers are trying to hit crazy numbers..

I don't disagree with the premise (would much prefer a well-rested & happy workforce assembling my vehicle), but I wonder how many of those workers are salaried vs. paid hourly. Sometimes unplanned "vacations" are unwelcome.

Reactions: Jedi2155
Would people weigh in on what they are doing for front plate, if in a front and rear plate state? The holder they provide looks incredibly flimsy. Evannex makes a front m3 plate holder the bolts thru the small grill in the bottom. I think it's called the law

I plan to leave it off and install it only to correct a “fix it ticket” then I would remove it again.