Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Minus the white interior same config, same delivery location. 4.1.16 reservation, 6.27.18 config.:confused:

View attachment 330228

I wonder if maybe someone ordered the same specs and didn’t pick it up and it came to the next person in line (me). The Tesla rep did mention that the car would go to another buyer if I couldn’t finalize finance and pick up the car within a week from delivery. I asked bc I travel for work. The date is confirmed in my account as 9-10 at 1 pm. Luckily I’m home that day :)

Good luck on yours. Hope you get it soon!

I have no trade in, and will pay in cash. I suppose this does not change the delivery date, since everyone that finances (outside of Tesla)... pays in cash, and I'm sure there are plenty who don't trade in a vehicle (either sold privately, or they keep their vehicle like me; love my truck!).

I'm almost embrarrased to say when I placed my order (8/14/18) :). I didnt want to pay for the 1 sec (i.e. performance), and really wanted the white interior and FWD. When both were available to order, I did, just slower than my kids. The only question was exterior color, and white seemed to make sense.

So I wait... like everyone else :). It seems your interest in this process fades pretty quick once you get your car! LOL

I'm not sure how people keep being confused about this.

What I'm saying isn't FUD.

It's not a rumor.

My IDA literally said no to doing this.

Repeatedly.

Even after agreeing it's "just software"

I even quoted his exact words from his email saying so.

I tried submitting some feedback at tesla.com a week ago asking them to confirm if they could override him and never got a reply from anybody there at all.

If someone has a better email to escalate let me know.

Otherwise as I said I'm going to hope the actual DC can do better whenever I get put in touch with them about scheduled delivery date- because the IDA, mine at least, is a complete and utter dead end regarding getting this done.

Perhaps their communication is inconsistent. Can you get anything in writing / email? Then, you have recourse afterwards to say "Hey! a bunch of friends got FSD without surcharge but my DA wouldn't let me. Here's the proof. I deserve the same treatment - please enable FSD for $x, same as them. (And c'mon, we all know it won't cost you anything)".
:confused:

Last edited:
If it helps anyone, I got all excited thinking my edit ability had gone away using the backdoor edit link (I have no normal edit link after switching to cash), but it turns out I was using the wrong link.

You have to use: tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNXXXXXXXXX
Wow. Thanks for chiming in and mentioning what many of us were doing wrong. I used your link, and presto. I was back into the confi screen. And because I was, and because it seems like I'm never getting my car in blue, I thought I'd give white a try. Call me crazy, but I changed my dang color. First time I've done *anything* with my order since placing it.

I can only console myself with this punch to the nutsack with the fact that you ordered the second ugliest color the model 3 is available in.

Enjoy your new car that you didn’t have to wait 30 months for.
I've officially left the 30-month-waiting-for-blue-AWD club. Switched to white out of desperation just to see if it'll make a difference. The difference it'll probably make? Big batch of blue will be released, and you'll get your car!

stupid question but i have more where this comes from, How did everyone who wanted AWD know that anyone with or without a reservation could order one back in June by paying the $2500 and placing order. I didnt think I had a chance of getting one until about 2 years from when I made the $1000 deposit and I am amazed that I have a decent chance of getting one and getting the tax credit this year.
The way I knew was because I subscribe to WAY too much Tesla news, and once AWD was opened to ordering, it was all over the intertubes. When I heard the news, I checked my account, and for the first time ever, my AWD button was live. Many people received a notice inviting them to order... I was not one of those people. Most of us had to wait well over two years since placing the reservation to be able to order AWD. I reserved on 03.31.16, and was first allowed to order AWD on June 26, 2018.

...And because I was, and because it seems like I'm never getting my car in blue, I thought I'd give white a try. Call me crazy, but I changed my dang color. First time I've done *anything* with my order since placing it.

I've officially left the 30-month-waiting-for-blue-AWD club. Switched to white out of desperation just to see if it'll make a difference. The difference it'll probably make? Big batch of blue will be released, and you'll get your car!...

Here.
upload_2018-8-30_2-1-52.png

Wow. Thanks for chiming in and mentioning what many of us were doing wrong. I used your link, and presto. I was back into the confi screen. And because I was, and because it seems like I'm never getting my car in blue, I thought I'd give white a try. Call me crazy, but I changed my dang color. First time I've done *anything* with my order since placing it.

I've officially left the 30-month-waiting-for-blue-AWD club. Switched to white out of desperation just to see if it'll make a difference. The difference it'll probably make? Big batch of blue will be released, and you'll get your car!

The way I knew was because I subscribe to WAY too much Tesla news, and once AWD was opened to ordering, it was all over the intertubes. When I heard the news, I checked my account, and for the first time ever, my AWD button was live. Many people received a notice inviting them to order... I was not one of those people. Most of us had to wait well over two years since placing the reservation to be able to order AWD. I reserved on 03.31.16, and was first allowed to order AWD on June 26, 2018.
Good for you! Maybe this will free up whatever log jam your account was in. If you go white interior you may get the call tomorrow :)

At least you’ll have a higher VIN car eh?

Perhaps their communication is inconsistent. Can you get anything in writing / email?

I quoted the email from the Tesla rep earlier in the thread. It's ALL been in writing- that's the only type of communication I've had with him since he explicitly said he's very busy so use email instead of the phone.

He has consistently and repeatedly told me he can't add FSD unless I want to give up the VIN and get back in line for another car.

Hoping the DC has a different answer once I"m directly hooked up with them.

I'd be really surprised if Tesla doesn't flush all the Day 1 & 2 orders by the end of Sept. Reading these threads is excruciating, but I'm not worried about the timing as long as it's by Dec. My saving grace is knowing that the longer I wait, the better the quality of the vehicle.
Or worse.

Read about the IR film issue. They may have cut The IR filter from the rear glass.

I stopped thinking about it.... ok, I'm thinking about it again. OK, my mind is blank.... nothing but white.... should I change to white interior to speed it up? Damn...

I laughed so hard at that. Thank you. That's exactly what's been going on in my head. I've been seriously considering changing to white interior after seeing all of these 2017 and 2018 reservationists getting their cars already, so I did a Google image search for "midnight silver with white interior." This is what came up. Is it a sign?

midnight_silver.jpg