Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks.
After configuration it says delivery estimate is 2-4 months. It is 3.5 months form 12/26.
I will have to make the decision tomorrow.
My tax liability is more than 10k... So I think it will make a difference.

I believe your reservation and deposit are both refundable if you haven’t been assigned a VIN so doesn’t seem as though you have a lot to lose. AWD is definitely the longest lead time right now.

Random question -- I currently have delivery scheduled for the end of this month. I had indicated that I had no trade-in, but looks like I have the ability to change that to "yes." I had planned on selling one of my other cars after I took delivery on the 3, but thought I might want to at least see what Tesla's offer might be. Do we think by changing to "yes" for a trade-in I might adversely affect my delivery date?
I don't think so.

Random question -- I currently have delivery scheduled for the end of this month. I had indicated that I had no trade-in, but looks like I have the ability to change that to "yes." I had planned on selling one of my other cars after I took delivery on the 3, but thought I might want to at least see what Tesla's offer might be. Do we think by changing to "yes" for a trade-in I might adversely affect my delivery date?
Shouldn't affect your delivery date but I'm going on 12 days since I submitted my trade info and still haven't heard back with an amount. Concerning as I take delivery Friday...

Last Wednesday, I didn't get call, SMS to landline doesn't work, nor email but I did, on a lark, check account and final info was asked for, which was supplied. I'm thinking delivery date and VIN this week. Delivery next week on east coast.
I should point out, I also didn't screw with my account.
Yeah I’ve been checking my acct and when I added EAP amd FSD I did it with an email to customer support with their template instead of the back door. Still no luck.

With all the hubbub of folks getting emails and movement this week, it’s starting to feel like I’m one of the last men/women standing.

No email, no call and still have an edit button.

*crickets*

tumblr_osn22o1ygH1w27jeoo1_400.gif

Hang in there Danimal, you are not alone! Of course you reserved almost 7 months before me and ordered the day before, so Bobby will likely still be kicking me in the jewels after you have taken delivery. But as many have said, as long as we take delivery before year end (to get the full tax credit), it’s all good.

BTW, you aren’t the “Danimal” who attended GT in the 90s are you? (Low probability but had to ask)

How did you get your VIN? They refuse to give me my VIN. The last rep I spoke to was a bit curt. I am scheduled for delivery in 2 weeks. I'm pre-approved for a loan and I have coordinate payment. They require a VIN.
I told my IDA that I need MVPA with VIN on it for processing loan. He gave vin right away and then MVPA with VIN on it almost 2 weeks prior to scheduled delivery date. He was going to get me MVPA with vin about 4-5 days prior to delivery, but upon requesting that I needed this to process loan plus long weekend etc. he sent it sooner. I am happy with the responses I have been getting from my IDA located in Las Vegas.

Absolutely!, On my window where payment was put in it CLEARLY said any changes need to go through the delivery agent. I trust yours did as well.

• Disagree
Reactions: Runt8
Yeah I’ve been checking my acct and when I added EAP amd FSD I did it with an email to customer support with their template instead of the back door. Still no luck.
It still may well have positively affected your delivery. I should point out, just because someone screwed with the system and still took delivery within their 3 month window doesn't mean it didn't change their delivery, just it didn't happen to knock it out of the window.

Reactions: neroden
Hang in there Danimal, you are not alone! Of course you reserved almost 7 months before me and ordered the day before, so Bobby will likely still be kicking me in the jewels after you have taken delivery. But as many have said, as long as we take delivery before year end (to get the full tax credit), it’s all good.

BTW, you aren’t the “Danimal” who attended GT in the 90s are you? (Low probability but had to ask)

Haha, not me. Just had a drunk English bloke once ask if he could call me that — clearly I couldn’t say no.

I probably got the same rep when I called today. I was lectured and he wanted to hang up on me and not letting me to ask questions. I asked for his supervisor and he purposely put me on hold and then told me is there any else I need. I told him I wanted to talk to his supervisor. He then hung up on me. I called back and asked for a supervisor to report on him.
Good for you. This sort of deadwood needs to be fired.

Reactions: Ron Kerensky
Okay, since you're all getting emails too, I think I'm starting to believe mine is legit.

Whoo hoo!

To me, this lends a bit of credence to the rumor they were slow rolling the AWD manufacturing at the factory for some reason and were able to kick it into high gear starting this week. I bet they are manufacturing nearly 100% AWD right now.
The rumor I heard was that, because AWD demand was much higher than expected, they had not ordered enough parts to make enough front motors to meet demand. This was back in July. Two months is probably enough time for their suppliers to ramp up the parts production, so breaking through this bottleneck now -- it all makes sense.

FYI regarding the account update timeline, I checked my account yesterday morning (no changes) and was able to use the backdoor edit function to look at the options to reconfigure. Later in the day, I received an email with a request to confirm a date and time to take delivery of my car (within a window). I logged back into my account after the DA scheduled it and could see the update. I emailed back and asked when the VIN would be available and she said "It will be available online 1-2 days prior to delivery."
If you actually *need* the VIN in order to pay them, they'll give it to you, if not, they won't.

I received the following:

It’s time to get behind the wheel of the most incredible vehicle! Your Model 3 will soon be ready. Your pick-up location will be at our Westchester-Mt Kisco location.

Off-site lot lcoated at: 333 N. Bedford Road, Mt. Kisco, N.Y., 10549

Mt. Kisco, NY 10549

Your Model 3 will be available between Friday, September 21 through Friday, September 28.

Please reply with the day (or days) that will work best for you and if morning or afternoons are best for you. (All registrants must be present at delivery)

Once you are scheduled, you will be contacted to coordinate paperwork. In the meantime please complete the rest of your online profile, if you haven’t already.

Thank you,

Logan Beaton | Delivery Scheduling Advisor
6900 Dumbarton Cir. | Fremont, CA 94538
e [email protected]

When I called Mt Kisco they said this was an error. There is no VIN and no car, and it could be several months. He indicated that things a completely chaotic. I have also emailed Logan Beaton several times and no response. This really is pathetic. I should add that I'm a 3/31/16 line waiter.

Wow, that is terrible. If you have some free time, I'd try to reach "Logan Beaton"'s boss to find out what he's playing at. And I'd keep checking with Mt. Kisco; the local centers seem to be the only people who konw anything.

Well I finally got a VIN and a Delivery date!

But it took some nagging.. I want to share my experience just so others can process it and see if maybe they are in the same boat.

So I ordered my car early July. I changed the color once in July. Towards the end of August I kept seeing everyone with white interior get VINs quickly so I changed mine to White.

4 days later on August 30th I lost my edit button. I called in and sure enough I had a VIN I was told. "Wait for IDA to call you"

8 days later still nothing. So I called them.. and they said they would email my DA and request them to call me.

Tonight on the way home from work I get the las vegas call... he confirms all my info and tells me everything is good to go and we can select a delivery date.. "Hmm.. wait a minute.. It's not populating a delivery date for you in the system for some reason.. Let me talk to my supervisor and call you right back.."

This, this right here is clearly happening to a lot of early reservation holders. These are the "lost orders". If you're in this boat, you need to badger and nag people until you get someone who knows what's going on (like this DA's supervisor). If we can get some suitable contact info, we may have a proper path for people who are delayed.

Surprisingly, he did call back. We selected Sept 28th in Cincinnati. He said my car is "in transit" and he emailed me my VIN. 97xxx.

But.. why did I have to nag to get contacted today when others got contacted automatically? Why did the system not "show a delivery date" and what did he have to do to make it show one?

Great News! and sucky news. Just on a lark, no phone call, no email. (phone # provided was house phone not cell phone) I went online to check my status.. No edit and they wanted finance data and trade-in data.

Reserved: 9/3/17
Ordered: 6/28/18
LR AWD PUP Black, EAP, FSD, 18" Aero.

More sucky news (catch-22) CU won't finalize application w/o MVPA and VIN. They might not assign VIN until all paperwork done... what's a boy to do? <-sarcasm!
That's when you call up and explain that you need the MVPA and VIN in order to have the finance data. They will then assign the VIN before the finance paperwork is done. If you get a deadwood "delivery advisor" who doesn't want to do it, get a supervisor and get a different one -- Tesla does want to make it possible for you to pay them, and most of the employees understand that.