Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Remember, they did just change the process to only give out Vin's within 5 days of delivery. Sometimes 2 days prior. That information not only invalidates historical modeling, it answers the question.

You can get your VIN 1+ week out from delivery by calling the delivery center where you will be picking the car up - call them directly - and tell them you want your MVPA.

Why on Earth would someone in Chicago or ct call the service center in SLC?
When people write on here to call SLC, and someone googles Tesla SLC, the only number they will find is the SC. The 888 number will not show up in the search. Heck, even if it rings in Utah, it’s not SLC proper. People do dumb stuff when they become manic waiting for 2.5 years for something that was only available to the filthy rich, or as a business expense, even a couple years ago. For many of us this will be our dream car and we regress to childish thoughts and behaviors.

When people write on here to call SLC, and someone googles Tesla SLC, the only number they will find is the SC. The 888 number will not show up in the search. Heck, even if it rings in Utah, it’s not SLC proper. People do dumb stuff when they become manic waiting for 2.5 years for something that was only available to the filthy rich, or as a business expense, even a couple years ago. For many of us this will be our dream car and we regress to childish thoughts and behaviors.
VERY well said!
And you're correct! As I said, I was trying to lower the temperature on here.

Where are you folks seeing your MVPA? Is it emailed directly to you?

Dan
It should have been emailed to you when you configured your vehicle. It is also available when you sign in to your tesla account at the
bottom right corner of the "Manage" page. It's under "Order Agreement" and you can download a copy.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-14 at 11.39.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-14 at 11.39.43 AM.png
    59.5 KB · Views: 65

I obviously missed something. Is there a special backdoor telephone number to get an agent that has a clue in UT?
I called the other day and it was pointless. Agent had no info

I obviously missed something. Is there a special backdoor telephone number to get an agent that has a clue in UT?
I called the other day and it was pointless. Agent had no info
short answer. No. There is no backdoor to anything, that's a myth. People who manically call any number they think will work are just exacerbating the situation. Best advice: chill.

I’m sorry if this has already been covered, I’ve had a hard time keeping up with this active thread.

Has the initial contact from Tesla recently been via email? I know a few weeks ago most people would get a call first, but recently it seems like email is the primary for initial contact to schedule delivery. Is that true?