Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How on earth does money equate to "brains?" That's one of the most narrow-minded comments I've heard in a while. And there are plenty from which to choose!

My Scheduling Advisor (I don't yet have a DA yet at nine days out) has said not to expect a VIN until two days before delivery.

Assuming that you have nothing better to do with the money. I've had my "funds together" since the moment I thought that my deliver was imminent. Three months later, I'm still not sure what my total is, nor exactly how I'm going to fund this thing.

Even though I started a glossary, I'm having trouble with a definition for MVPA. I'm gonna guess that A=Advisor. And yet, I've got nothing else.

How does one find the phone number to call the Fremont Delivery Center directly? Certainly Tesla hasn't provided me with this.

It has been WAY off to the west, and WAY off to the east. Just seems fair to have it go south. Now... what's the common denominator in the whole "south" thing? Hmmm?

I think it’s:
Motor
Vehicle
Purchase
Agreement

My Scheduling Advisor (I don't yet have a DA yet at nine days out) has said not to expect a VIN until two days before delivery.

So I've only been contacted by 1 person from Tesla regarding my delivery (for which I still lack a date almost 4 weeks after it left the factory- I did get my VIN by accident from him weeks ago though!)

The guy is in Las Vegas (I'm in NC)

In his initial email (August 20) his title is "Inside Sales Adviser"

2 days later (Aug 22) it had changed to "Inside Delivery Adviser"

If even they can't keep the titles straight I'm not sure how customers are supposed to.

Reactions: neroden
210 pages and it’s finally going south.

giphy.gif
That's pretty funny! Yeah..well...That Robert Downy Jr gif is pretty much my reaction right before I wrote that last and next to last. If I had the tongue of, say, Rick Wilson I would have gone there.

Last edited:
For those with trade-in, how long did it take to get a quote from Tesla's acknowledgement of receipt of pictures to receiving the quote? More recent numbers better than old as they have changed their procedures and workflow.
Probably not the best example but mine was submitted 3 weeks ago and is still pending. My pickup was supposed to be yesterday but logistics issues have pushed it to Wed.

• Helpful
Reactions: wcorey
PSA: Make sure you call your delivery center to get an update on the location of your vehicle.

I had called them requesting no detail of my vehicle as I will be taking it to a detailing place shortly afterwards. He looked up my RN and stated that my vehicle was still at the rail station. I was scheduled for Sept 19 but he stated that it likely will not get in until Sept 27-28.

Looks like Tesla was trying to over estimate on the delivery dates. I'll be out of town so I won't be able to pick it up until beginning of October but JFYI before making plans. commitments, call them to ask.
Unfortunately, I'm experiencing a similar issue. I was scheduled to take delivery on 9/18, but the tracking information available at my local Tesla store shows the car will not arrive until 9/24 or later. I had to reschedule. I'm glad I checked in advance.

Reactions: neroden