Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At this point, a quickie delivery sounds good... check the driver's door sill for the date of manufacture.

Date shows up as 9/18. All the seals are clean, so at least I think the car wasn't sitting outside for too long but for sure it was washed as they didn't do a good job drying the windows. Definitely relieved that delivery is behind me, as reading this thread made me anxious. I'm sure there are a bunch of nightmare deliveries every day, but there are probably even more good ones.

Reactions: TechSavvyWife
For me it added my address & phone to the order. It also changed my delivery location to my home address instead of the pickup delivery center. But it’s now changed back to the delivery center after I contacted the IDA. I also asked about VIN/MVPA but no response to that yet. Currently scheduled for 9/28/2018 evening.

Vin assigned few minutes ago - 1146**

I went to Highland Park this morning to take delivery at 10am. It didn't happen.

I called Tesla a week ago to confirm everything looked good for today. I was told it was on track but they couldn't, or wouldn't, tell me where the car was currently located. On Friday, I called Highland Park and spoke to someone in sales who gave me my IDA's name and promised me she would call me Friday evening or Saturday. That call never came. I called numerous times Sunday but nobody ever answered so I just left a message on their general line asking for someone to call/email/text me if my delivery appointment was delayed. Not surprisingly, I didn't receive a call. In all these calls, I was very friendly and professional. Didn't want to shoot the messenger, after all.

I arrived at Highland Park at 9:35 (traffic was light) and checked in with someone right away. It was actually pretty quiet there. I have a couple photos during my wait of a completely empty showroom. At 10:05, I confirmed with customer service that they had my name and was told someone would be with me shortly. I politely checked again at 10:20 and then a little more forcefully at 10:30. Finally, at 10:35, I was told my car wasn't there. Why in the world wouldn't they have told me that in the first ten minutes of my arrival? After reading this thread, I wasn't terribly surprised and I'd asked my ride to stick around in the event this occurred. However, I thought it was pretty rude to leave me hanging like that for an hour.

Plan B is they're bringing the car to me sometime today. I asked them to please make sure it's properly detailed so that I may inspect it when it arrives. I won't be upset if it gets pushed to tomorrow or even later in the week. I just don't want to make another trip to the store for nothing.

On a positive note, there were quite a few temporary employees coming in to work the big rush of upcoming deliveries. I wish they were hiring full time employees as they scale up their operation.

Thanks for the information, glad we're in the same boat in Chicago.... Great to know 30 are scheduled to hit us soon.... Hopefully we are one of those 30!!!! I wasn't able to get through on the phone to corporate or the service center. Thanks again for the insight!!!!

I went to Highland Park this morning to take delivery at 10am. It didn't happen.

I called Tesla a week ago to confirm everything looked good for today. I was told it was on track but they couldn't, or wouldn't, tell me where the car was currently located. On Friday, I called Highland Park and spoke to someone in sales who gave me my IDA's name and promised me she would call me Friday evening or Saturday. That call never came. I called numerous times Sunday but nobody ever answered so I just left a message on their general line asking for someone to call/email/text me if my delivery appointment was delayed. Not surprisingly, I didn't receive a call. In all these calls, I was very friendly and professional. Didn't want to shoot the messenger, after all.

I arrived at Highland Park at 9:35 (traffic was light) and checked in with someone right away. It was actually pretty quiet there. I have a couple photos during my wait of a completely empty showroom. At 10:05, I confirmed with customer service that they had my name and was told someone would be with me shortly. I politely checked again at 10:20 and then a little more forcefully at 10:30. Finally, at 10:35, I was told my car wasn't there. Why in the world wouldn't they have told me that in the first ten minutes of my arrival? After reading this thread, I wasn't terribly surprised and I'd asked my ride to stick around in the event this occurred. However, I thought it was pretty rude to leave me hanging like that for an hour.

Plan B is they're bringing the car to me sometime today. I asked them to please make sure it's properly detailed so that I may inspect it when it arrives. I won't be upset if it gets pushed to tomorrow or even later in the week. I just don't want to make another trip to the store for nothing.

On a positive note, there were quite a few temporary employees coming in to work the big rush of upcoming deliveries. I wish they were hiring full time employees as they scale up their operation.

Wow. That really stinks. I too am picking up at Highland Park. I was scheduled Wednesday 9/26, but I got a call that Friday 9/28 was the new date. HP is an hour drive from me and I really hope that I don't show up and don't have a car. No fun.

First time poster. Since I am financing through my CU, I signed and sent the MVPA to them this morning. They will be sending off the check overnight (they don't do ACH or wires). For those that are waiting for their MVPA for a vehicle loan, it will be a close call with no time to spare.

8/5 Delivery date scheduled
9/21 VIN assigned (92xxx)
9/24 MVPA provided in the morning
9/26 delivery date

First time poster. Since I am financing through my CU, I signed and sent the MVPA to them this morning. They will be sending off the check overnight (they don't do ACH or wires). For those that are waiting for their MVPA for a vehicle loan, it will be a close call with no time to spare.

8/5 Delivery date scheduled
9/21 VIN assigned (92xxx)
9/24 MVPA provided in the morning
9/26 delivery date

So six weeks from delivery date schedule to delivery.

Hmmm. I ordered on June 30th and have yet to get the delivery scheduling call. Looks like I might be lucky to see the car by November. Beginning to get worried that I'll miss the full tax credit at this rate

Reactions: the_danimal
So six weeks from delivery date schedule to delivery.

Hmmm. I ordered on June 30th and have yet to get the delivery scheduling call. Looks like I might be lucky to see the car by November. Beginning to get worried that I'll miss the full tax credit at this rate

As much as I feel the same way, I keep an eye on the VINS tab of the tracking sheet. It's been moving steadily this month and we're beyond the 50% mark and we're still in September. I imagine things will smooth out in October.

I ordered the same day as you, and I called last week to update my insurance since the expiration date on the page passed. In the pricess I asked if he could see my order status and he said "I have to be careful with what I say, and I can't give you exact details but that you're really close". He said I had an Owner Advisor assigned but not yet a delivery advisor. He wouldn't elaborate beyond that, but just said my time would be coming soon.

He could have been totally BSing me, but I didn't get that feeling.

As much as I feel the same way, I keep an eye on the VINS tab of the tracking sheet. It's been moving steadily this month and we're beyond the 50% mark and we're still in September. I imagine things will smooth out in October.

I ordered the same day as you, and I called last week to update my insurance since the expiration date on the page passed. In the pricess I asked if he could see my order status and he said "I have to be careful with what I say, and I can't give you exact details but that you're really close". He said I had an Owner Advisor assigned but not yet a delivery advisor. He wouldn't elaborate beyond that, but just said my time would be coming soon.

He could have been totally BSing me, but I didn't get that feeling.

My current rationalization about why my order is delayed is that it looks like most AWD orders right now have the 19” wheels, and not the Aero wheels like I have on my order (and apparently yours too).

Put me down for odd email; however, it's pretty clear that the price changed and the tax went up. Either it's good, as it could indicate they're pulling exact numbers closer to since they changed, or simply tax rate is changing and it's nothing new to see here. Either way sucks. Getting a "Tesla" email when you're still groggy was a huge punch in the gut for it not to be a delivery email.
. Where do you find your mvpa?

. Where do you find your mvpa?

upload_2018-9-24_12-53-9.png

And, just like that, Santa Elon comes to the island of misfit toys. Just got a text message from Janelle in Fremont, CA about setting up delivery of my AWD on Oct 8 in Rockville. I know that may or may not actually happen, but it is great knowing that my digital paperwork hasn't completely fallen behind the equivalent of someone's desk.

Unfortunately, I think the timing isn't great from a finance perspective. If they won't get final numbers until 24-48 hours prior, that's the weekend and Monday is a bank holiday, so I won't be able to get a cashier's check then. Darn it...

Last edited:
And, just like that, Santa Elon comes to the island of misfit toys. Just got a text message from Janelle in Fremont, CA about setting up delivery of my AWD on Oct 8 in Rockville. I know that may or may not actually happen, but it is great knowing that my digital paperwork hasn't completely fallen behind the equivalent of someone's desk.

Unfortunately, I think the timing isn't great from a finance perspective. If they won't get final numbers until 24-48 hours prior, that's the weekend and Monday is a bank holiday, so I won't be able to get a cashier's check then. Darn it...
Get the cashier check for an amount slightly less than what you think you need. Tesla will take personal check for the difference.