Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That isn't marketing speak. The actual named part "drive unit" on the model 3 includes the motor and inverter combined.

it's impossible for then to bin sort the drive units if only "special" ones got "special" already-sorted inverters.

The only evidence we have either way is the what, at least 6 people now, who got a NON P and had it flashed at the dealer to a P.

Which says yes, it is just a software update.

What evidence do you have that it's not?

So now you are saying Elon is lying but before he was not? Again, based on Tesl claims the FETs are hand balanced. It is very conceivable that some or even many AWD cars were sent out with inverters capable of performance specs, in fact they all may be presently and the RWD cars may be those without them. Consider the minor cost to do this, to have FETs pre-tested for the inverters, probably under $10 a car. These answers will soon be confirmed. Do these 6 people have documentation to show this was actually done? If things go as planned I will be doing some testing and hopefully getting a definitive answer.

So now you are saying Elon is lying but before he was not?

No, I didn't say that at all. Not sure why you think I did.

Again, based on Tesl claims the FETs are hand balanced.

Where, specifically, has Tesla claimed that?

I've seen people on HERE claim that- but not Tesla. If they have, by all means link us a source for them doing so.

So now you are saying Elon is lying but before he was not? Again, based on Tesl claims the FETs are hand balanced. It is very conceivable that some or even many AWD cars were sent out with inverters capable of performance specs, in fact they all may be presently and the RWD cars may be those without them. Consider the minor cost to do this, to have FETs pre-tested for the inverters, probably under $10 a car. These answers will soon be confirmed. Do these 6 people have documentation to show this was actually done? If things go as planned I will be doing some testing and hopefully getting a definitive answer.

Sir, this is a Denny's.

And, you are in the wrong thread.

Quick question... I placed my order on Sep 22nd. Changed my config a week later. Does that change my order date and more importantly does that push back in the queue?

Any changes you make theoretically push you back in the queue. However if you change to a higher profit variant (adding Performance for example) it seems to actually decrease your time to delivery. Changing to white interior seems to have this affect too.

Question, when did you get the title to the car to register it??? Mine has been in my driveway for 48 hours and NO response from Tesla about when we can get the paperwork! Going into a long weekend, probably won’t be driving it until late next week. UGH, and there’s a lot of cosmetic issues so as soon as we can drive it, we have to drop it off to get fixed.
CA DMV said the dealer has up to 90 days to submit the registration. From what I understand, the dealer submits in batches, normally at a minimum of once per week and the backlog is at the DMV, not with Tesla. I have to have the physical plates to take the DMV to exchange for the vanity plates I ordered.

You should have a temporary registration. Not sure what the law is in RI, but the sticker in the window works in CA until the permanent plates are received. The issue I had with Tesla was updating my account at tesla.com to show the vehicle was delivered. Required to use the phone app, and to log into the account for anything other than viewing the videos or retrieving the referral code.

You're right, the M3 is more nimble. How do you feel about where the M3 tactical display is? What does a smartphone display cost? They could have put that behind the steering wheel. I went through the entire time waiting convincing myself I'd get used to it...which I will, but it's still wrong and potentially dangerous. One almost HAS to use EAP so they can divert attention for a few seconds in heavy traffic or when the speed limit changes.
Yea I have changed many iphone displays for <$20. In bulk Tesla could have put a small led screed that displayed nothing but speed for less than $10 I would guess.

Just an FYI...

Despite what you may have heard from various Tesla reps, it is indeed possible to ping a car in transit and find it's real time location.

Called Tesla to confirm delivery tomorrow and they said it was still listed as "in transit" but they pinged the car and said it was about 3 hours out (in Knoxville).

This confirmed two things for me.

1) The VIN is indeed real and not just an empty promise (ask me why I wasn't convinced) lol.

2) The car is close and there is no reason to believe that it won't be here in time for my scheduled delivery. If it gets here early enough I may drive over and do a preliminary inspection.

Dan

UPDATE

Got on the phone with my delivery rep today. VIN still associated with my account. Oddly, even though I confirmed everything, she needed to confirm the trade-in again. She then reviewed some personal information and submitted everything for the contract department. Apparently, I should have my MVPA by Thur/Friday.

Now for the car. She said it’s still en route to Birmingham but is scheduled to arrive on Thursday, the 11th. From there it will be trucked to Tyco Rd by October 15th.

I’m going to ping her on Thursday to see when the car makes the shift from rail to truck. Delivery still scheduled for the 22nd, but if it arrives sooner, I’ll be sure to move up delivery.

Trying not to get my hopes up.

UPDATE

Got on the phone with my delivery rep today. VIN still associated with my account. Oddly, even though I confirmed everything, she needed to confirm the trade-in again. She then reviewed some personal information and submitted everything for the contract department. Apparently, I should have my MVPA by Thur/Friday.

Now for the car. She said it’s still en route to Birmingham but is scheduled to arrive on Thursday, the 11th. From there it will be trucked to Tyco Rd by October 15th.

I’m going to ping her on Thursday to see when the car makes the shift from rail to truck. Delivery still scheduled for the 22nd, but if it arrives sooner, I’ll be sure to move up delivery.

That's funny. I live in Florida and mine went to Chicago instead of Birmingham. It was on a truck and almost to Atlanta on Saturday so I'm hopeful it arrives in Tampa by mid week. I changed my delivery date to this Sat the 13th but that was via the delivery center. Still waiting on confirmation from my IDA.

Reactions: fallen888
Just an FYI...

Despite what you may have heard from various Tesla reps, it is indeed possible to ping a car in transit and find it's real time location.

Called Tesla to confirm delivery tomorrow and they said it was still listed as "in transit" but they pinged the car and said it was about 3 hours out (in Knoxville).

1) The VIN is indeed real and not just an empty promise (ask me why I wasn't convinced) lol.

2) The car is close and there is no reason to believe that it won't be here in time for my scheduled delivery. If it gets here early enough I may drive over and do a preliminary inspection.

Dan

Call the main number? They sure are cutting it close for you.

UPDATE

Well, scratch that. I got my MVPA in just a few hours!

Just an FYI...

Dan
Good luck Dan with your delivery tomorrow - hope it all goes well for you!