Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWDs on the way to Canada?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So delivery has been confirmed and arranged for IC tomorrow (Sat. Sept 22), just got a call from my ISA stating my car is not ready and currently no ETA. I didn't want to take it until Oct 6 but I was told I had to take it within 7 days of the original date (Sept 18). I just transferred ownership of my previous car yesterday so I now have no vehicle. I went from 100% excitement to 100% disappointment.
To his credit, Tesla are working on arranging a rental but he will get back to me later (I hope a Tesla rental but I doubt it).
I hope others are not affected by this but I suspect some might be.
Of course my Tesla account still states my 1pm appointment for tomorrow to mock me :mad:
That sucks. Let us know how it turns out. I'm signing over my car next wendesday, and supposed to pick up on thursday. Was going to call my DA on monday to ensure its across the border etc...maybe I'll give him a buzz now and see if there is any update....

That sucks. Let us know how it turns out. I'm signing over my car next wendesday, and supposed to pick up on thursday. Was going to call my DA on monday to ensure its across the border etc...maybe I'll give him a buzz now and see if there is any update....
I would definitely call to ensure there isn't some SNAFU. I mean why am I getting a call 14 hours before I take delivery? They need 48 hours to look the car over before they release it so they should know it it is there then. It was supposed to come across on the Sept 15-16 thus the initial date of Sept 18 to take delivery.

So delivery has been confirmed and arranged for IC tomorrow (Sat. Sept 22), just got a call from my ISA stating my car is not ready and currently no ETA. I didn't want to take it until Oct 6 but I was told I had to take it within 7 days of the original date (Sept 18). I just transferred ownership of my previous car yesterday so I now have no vehicle. I went from 100% excitement to 100% disappointment.
To his credit, Tesla are working on arranging a rental but he will get back to me later (I hope a Tesla rental but I doubt it).
Of course my Tesla account still states my 1pm appointment for tomorrow to mock me :mad:
UPDATE:
The ISA is doing all he can, so I appreciate the bind he is in. Enterprise rental being paid by Tesla (including gas). The hope is delivery mid-week but I originally arranged everything for a weekend pickup (weekdays are not good based on work).

For those who have been asked to accelerate pick up - has anyone been offered this rumored 1 year of free supercharging ?
You are the only person who I have seen being offered that and I think its because they were trying to accelerate you to before the end of Q3. I had my delivery bumped up a few days and was happy to take it early. I would have gladly accepted a year of supercharging as I have chargers around the corner from my house, but even if I did 100% supercharging it would only amount to $400/500 in a year...which is precisely why I didn't opt for the P3D+....it would take 15-20 years of supercharging to make it worthwhile (ignoring the speed boost obviously....) :)

Doubt it. Rumour is badges and spoilers for P3D+'s won't be made until Q4.
Not that I really care much, but how hard can it be to make a badge that says dual motor with some double sided tape on the back? So people are going to have to go back and have a SC visit to have them applied, and by then there is going to be 30-40k dual motor and dual motor performance delivered? Seems a bit a$$ backwards :confused:

I'm in the 100% disappointed camp. It seems that my Amazon packages worth $10 are easier to track than a $60,000 vehicle. They don't know where these cars are (or they're unwilling to tell us).

• Funny
Reactions: PAWilson
Hi all this is my first post but I have been reading along for a while.

Our delivery was scheduled for today at international center. M3 AWD blue with white interior. Everything was great until we inspected the car. Unfortunately we found multiple paint defects some chipped paint, some blemishes. Our DS was great though, he got us booked right in to a body shop and got us a rental.

Not to happy about how long it will take to correct (est. 5-10 days or more) but really happy that Tesla is taking care of us.

Trying to stay positive but its hard... waited 2yrs 1 month for the car only to have it for less than an hour. Guess we are going to be waiting a little longer and will have to reschedule our PPF install.

Hope everything goes well for everyone else... the car really is amazing!