Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWDs on the way to Canada?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is indeed a very weird situation...
To be honest....I'm not all that surprised given that its end of quarter, and they are trying to push out as many cars as possible. At every company I've worked for end of quarter is madness....and that's for medium sized tech companies who have 1/1,000,000 the visibility of tesla. Even my current employer, which is a very well recognized brand name, goes through the end of quarter crunch.

Not trying to make excuses for them, because they certainly need to improve in this regard. Its part of their growing pains. They focused on building them fast, but clearly dropped the ball on how to distribute them. That's why they had those events in Freemont (not sure if they are still having them) where you can walk the lot, grab a tag and drive home a model 3 if it meets your fancy on the same day....

Again, doesn't justify it and its frustrating for sure, but my original delivery window was Sept/Nov, so if I do get it at end of september it would be at the front end of my delivery window. More communication would be great, but they are understaffed and I cant blame the person on the other end of the line, its really the management that needs to ramp up support for them....

IMHO, there is no substitute for just 'doing' and learning as you go.

At the end of the day, it's a car. Accelerator, brakes, wheel. You will be fine.

The more subtle things like autopilot (if you have it) and getting used to Regen braking will be something you will get used to.

My wife got used to her bolt in 2 days of driving. Now, maybe she had some prep because I've had EVs for 4 years leading up to that, but there really is no substitute for just doing on your own.

If you've gone through the user manual that's probably enough to get you started. But everyone is different....that's just my $0.02. I plan on spending most time inspecting for defects and don't want any tutorials.

That is....assuming I do get my car on Thursday...did the text confirm your car is across the border and at the IC right now?

I was initially on Saturday, but got moved up to Thursday, but still no confirmation the car is physically in Canada yet ...

Thanks pcons, I'm sure we will be fine. Just a matter of getting used to using the tablet! Getting excited now. Since my last post I now have a VIN and have spoken to my local DA who was excellent. He said the car is on the road, in Chicago now, should be across the border and at the IC in the next day or two. I will check with my DA on Friday to confirm. We too are going to go over it with a fine toothed comb before driving it off the lot! Got the insurance ready to kick in on Saturday. Ended up with a pretty good deal on that too. Hope yours is there for Thursday!

I believe that is the case...I just replied to your PM, but I just got an email confirming I 'should' be good? :confused:

View attachment 338094

Fingers crossed.....o_O

That's great news, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and all of us who are "patiently waiting".

Love your idea of scanning the lot. I am hoping for Saturday at 2 pm.

My VIN is 1075xx, AWD, blue, black interior, 19" wheels

If anyone sees it, PM or post? I'll take a look for anyone coming after me who is still waiting and posts their VIN/colour, etc.

I've added the vins and details for the people who have responded in the last few pages of this thread to a google sheets doc so we can edit/track. Link below. Please update accordingly. Maybe I should start another thread for this, or since I assume most people on this forum are tracking this discussion maybe this is the best place to keep this....

Toronto IC Deliveries VIN Search - Sept 2018

Everyone has edit rights, with great power comes great responsibility :eek:

So far 4 deliveries for saturday, 1 for today (dusdev, though likely not happening) 2 tomorrow, and 1 thursday (me).....

Edit: maybe we can make a bit of a game about this.....if you find someone elses car, put your username in the column I just added. Person with the most 'finds' gets eternal thanks of the others :)

Very helpful, @pcons. Another option would be for someone to record and post the VINs of the ~60 model 3s in the lot.

There are two red ones with VIN 1075xx. LOL. Be careful to get the right one.

For you guys picking up on Saturday, do you have your contract available? My insurance company says they need a copy to process my insurance for Saturday. Tesla rep says it will be posted well before my delivery.
Thanks

There are two red ones with VIN 1075xx. LOL. Be careful to get the right one.

For you guys picking up on Saturday, do you have your contract available? My insurance company says they need a copy to process my insurance for Saturday. Tesla rep says it will be posted well before my delivery.
Thanks

No contract yet. Got insurance using just the VIN. Hopefully it gets posted Thursday night or early Friday.

If anyone has the MVPA in Ontario, could you please provide a total amount (assuming no trade-in, cash deal) with the original AWD & paint pricing? Specific config: Blue metatic, black interior, Long Range, AWD, 18" aero, PuP, EAP, no FSD. It *should* come to around $84,958.35 after the $4,200 deposit is applied. That is the web site amount. Does anyone have the final amount from the MVPA, and also who should the bank draft be made to?

My delivery, if it happens, on Friday morning means I will have to get funds available Thursday before the banks close, which is now starting to cut it close.

I still have no VIN or delivery date in the portal, but got a text message last night from the Tesla delivery team saying my car is ready to be picked up today. Is this legit? Has anyone else had this happen? I find it strange because it gives me no time to get a charger installed....

upload_2018-9-26_8-39-1.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-26_8-38-32.jpeg
    upload_2018-9-26_8-38-32.jpeg
    258.4 KB · Views: 70
I still have no VIN or delivery date in the portal, but got a text message last night from the Tesla delivery team saying my car is ready to be picked up today. Is this legit? Has anyone else had this happen? I find it strange because it gives me no time to get a charger installed....

View attachment 338226

Hey MTL - got the same text message last night. We also dont have VIN assigned. Also looking to find out if legit.

Reactions: MTL_HABS1909

View attachment 338226
I just had the same message, I'm in Montreal too

Still have my edit button on the portal