Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Beginnings of a trade war between Canada and the USA. Affects on Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You did bring China in line. You signed the Paris Accord so China could produce as much coal power as they like (1/3 of fuel CO2 now is Chinese) which is the critical component of aluminum.

Your idea that everybody with money is automatically corrupt might be true in Canada. In the US, it's not.

You dwell on pure gossip with no facts. There's tons of that. It's been paid for. We are drowning in it here. 75% of TV has political attacks in it now. We hired foreigners to slander our President. And we have rich citizens like Chelsea Clinton ($15m in 2014) going to foreign nations bad-mouthing the US for money.

FDR probably won the Modern Corrupt President award. There is not close 2nd place. So far Trump hasn't put Americans in concentration camps and stole their assets.

People on the left do not like his policies. Smaller government, personal accountability, state rights, secure borders, peace through superior firepower, etc. But those talking points are hard to weaponize, so they just make up stuff. A CNN host even claimed he was a child molester.
It Only Took Four Months For China To Achieve A Jaw-Dropping Reduction In Carbon Emissions

China’s Coal Cuts Are Driving A Plateau In Global Carbon Emissions

China Coal Use Continues To Fall "Precipitously"

China smashes solar energy records, as coal use and CO2 emissions fall once again

China Halts Construction On 150 Gigawatts Of New Coal Power Plants | CleanTechnica

China's Coal Consumption Declines Despite Increasing Energy Consumption | CleanTechnica

Trump isn't declaring Canada a security risk. What he's doing is blatantly using a loophole in international trade agreements as a bargaining chip in NAFTA talks. It's totally sketchy and unsupportable use of the loophole, which if allowed to stand will be disastrous for worldwide trade. If allowed to stand, everyone else can and will use the same trick, to the detriment of all.

You can tell from their own words. In one one breath they say that "national security". In the very next they indicate that the tariffs will come off with a successful resolution to NAFTA. Where did the dire national security emergency go all of the sudden?

Okay, then, it's not national security at all. Resolving the NAFTA agreement with friendly countries will not relieve any threat to national security. Because there never was one.

Not so black and white, stopping dumping let's our industry survive which is critical to national security. Dumping goes on too long and it can collapse our industry and China has been working hard at that on a lot of fronts for quite some time.
Look at oil we start producing and OPEC tries to suppress prices. Same thing happens in many industries it is just less visible than the gas pump.

McRat's reference to Section 35 of the Constitution Act as the point at which First Nations people of Canada were given "Full" rights is completely false. Section 35 recognizes Aboriginal rights, but did not create them—Aboriginal rights have existed before Section 35.

His false narrative sounded plausible but some quick research offered the truth.

Back on topic...Trade War is Bad, just like Fake news from McTrolls

Reactions: T34ME
McRat's reference to Section 35 of the Constitution Act as the point at which First Nations people of Canada were given "Full" rights is completely false. Section 35 recognizes Aboriginal rights, but did not create them—Aboriginal rights have existed before Section 35.

His false narrative sounded plausible but some quick research offered the truth.

Back on topic...Trade War is Bad, just like Fake news from McTrolls

Terrance? Is that you? AH!!! Got me Phillip!

med_1473486311_image.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: MXWing
Not so black and white, stopping dumping let's our industry survive which is critical to national security. Dumping goes on too long and it can collapse our industry and China has been working hard at that on a lot of fronts for quite some time.
Look at oil we start producing and OPEC tries to suppress prices. Same thing happens in many industries it is just less visible than the gas pump.

Canada isn’t dumping. Why are you going after us when we’re being good partners for the USA?

I didn't say Canada specifically is dumping.

I was arguing against the assertion that tariffs had nothing to do with national security.

Yes tariffs are being used as a bargaining chip, but that does not negate their usefulness on national security again not black and white.

Reactions: Unpilot
Yes, that's EXACTLY what he is. A complete and total idiot...

Jeff

We have a governor here who thinks that taxing the poor and middle class is the road to prosperity. He also thinks Sacramento is the absolute best Showcase City of the Future. He thinks a bullet train to Bakersfield for $70 billion is a great plan. And he believes H2 cars are refueled with a lantern battery, a beaker of water, and two metal strips. He is willing to pay $2.5+ million dollars per H2 station when there are no H2 cars, and H2 is currently dirtier than EVs by several times over.

So what exactly is lower than Total Idiot? Trump didn't kill the EV rebates like Jerry and friends promised. In fact, he hasn't hurt EVs at all like Jerry did when he allowed Demand Metering for EV charging. This can make refueling an EV cost several times what gasoline costs. And he thinks a plug-in Prius is a Zero Emissions Vehicle. And he delayed the EV infrastructure by appointing incompetent bureaucrats for political reasons.

That's the thing. Pelosi/Feinstein could set every EV in the US on fire, and make you pay to extinguish it, and we Californian EV owners would send her flowers every day.

We Californian EV owners redefine hypocrite. We are perhaps Giga-Hypocrites? We are far more 'political' than we are 'green'. If Jerry wanted to carpet the mansion with baby seal pelts, we would give him a raise.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MXWing
We have a governor here who thinks that taxing the poor and middle class is the road to prosperity. He also thinks Sacramento is the absolute best Showcase City of the Future. He thinks a bullet train to Bakersfield for $70 billion is a great plan. And he believes H2 cars are refueled with a lantern battery, a beaker of water, and two metal strips. He is willing to pay $2.5+ million dollars per H2 station when there are no H2 cars, and H2 is currently dirtier than EVs by several times over.

So what exactly is lower than Total Idiot? Trump didn't kill the EV rebates like Jerry and friends promised. In fact, he hasn't hurt EVs at all like Jerry did when he allowed Demand Metering for EV charging. This can make refueling an EV cost several times what gasoline costs. And he thinks a plug-in Prius is a Zero Emissions Vehicle. And he delayed the EV infrastructure by appointing incompetent bureaucrats for political reasons.

That's the thing. Pelosi/Feinstein could set every EV in the US on fire, and make you pay to extinguish it, and we Californian EV owners would send her flowers every day.

We Californian EV owners redefine hypocrite. We are perhaps Giga-Hypocrites? We are far more 'political' than we are 'green'. If Jerry wanted to carpet the mansion with baby seal pelts, we would give him a raise.

Deflect, deflect, deflect... That's literally all you Trumptards have... You'd think by now you'd see how you've been conned but no...

Straw-man arguments and deflections might work against some, but you're going to have try MUCH harder than that if you're going to engage in this conversation with me.

I know it's sad to admit you were conned by a carnival barker but the sooner you accept it, the sooner you can do something about it...

Jeff

EDIT: I do not care if anyone finds the term "Trumptard" offensive, I really don't. If you're that offended you're either a snowflake or angry that someone so perfectly described who you are...

Deflect, deflect, deflect... That's literally all you Trumptards have... You'd think by now you'd see how you've been conned but no...

Straw-man arguments and deflections might work against some, but you're going to have try MUCH harder than that if you're going to engage in this conversation with me.

I know it's sad to admit you were conned by a carnival barker but the sooner you accept it, the sooner you can do something about it...

Jeff

EDIT: I do not care if anyone finds the term "Trumptard" offensive, I really don't. If you're that offended you're either a snowflake or angry that someone so perfectly described who you are...

You don't understand a large percentage of Americans. We do not care who is President. It changes. They come in two flavors: Those who say they do a lot of things, but nothing changes for the better, and those who actually change things.

For EVs and the economy so far, I think we picked the right one.

EDIT: I'd have voted for Pat Paulsen or Theodore Roosevelt, but neither ran last election.

You don't understand a large percentage of Americans. We do not care who is President. It changes. They come in two flavors: Those who say the do a lot of things, but nothing changes for the better, and those who actually change things.

For EVs, I think we picked the right one.

Ah... So now it's that I don't understand... Keep moving your goal posts if it makes you feel better... I understand far better than you could possibly realize, I'm not born and raised in CA for starters.

You couldn't possibly be more wrong if you think President Trump is better for EVs than Hillary Clinton would have been... Where in the world do you even get that claim from? I have an idea... The same spot POTUS gets most of his "facts"... His posterior...

Jeff

Ah... So now it's that I don't understand... Keep moving your goal posts if it makes you feel better... I understand far better than you could possibly realize, I'm not born and raised in CA for starters.

You couldn't possibly be more wrong if you think President Trump is better for EVs than Hillary Clinton would have been... Where in the world do you even get that claim from? I have an idea... The same spot POTUS gets most of his "facts"... His posterior...

Jeff

What federal policy change since the last election screwed you over? None for me. I and my staff will save money, and our customers are busier than before.

I guess I should hate the POTUS to be a 'cool kid', but I'm more pragmatic.

Whatever you do, do NOT say "You Don't Know Me". That apparently means dueling pistols at 10 paces to CNN nutjobs I think. And they are unpredictable.

Last edited:
Reactions: adaptabl
What federal policy change since the last election screwed you over? None for me. I and my staff will save money, and our customers are busier than before.

I guess I should hate the POTUS to be a 'cool kid', but I'm more pragmatic.

Whatever you do, do NOT tell you "You Don't Know Me". That apparently means dueling pistols at 10 paces to CNN nutjobs I think. And they are unpredictable.

Again, keep deflecting, keep trying to change the narrative... We're talking about how Trump's idiotic trade war is going to harm the US. Increased materials costs equals increased cost of goods and services. Also, retaliatory tariffs from other countries will affect our exports which more directly effects the producers of said exports... This isn't complicated... Well maybe for you it is...

My hatred for the current POTUS is at least based in fact...

Jeff