Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Being told I "have to" take premium seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the next gen seats, and last week was able to try the premium seats in a P100D for a full day while my car was in service.

During my spirited drive up in the hills, I felt that the premium seats had much less lateral support than my next gen seats. It seems like a downgrade, despite the premium seats being perforated and ventilated.

Recaro has been in the business for decades so they know how to make a damn good seat! I'd push for the next gen if at all possible.
How do you get a P100D as a loaner? Dublin had no tesla loaners for my last service...I got the privilege of driving a Nissan Rogue.

• Funny
Reactions: plankeye
Yeah, I just asked to keep one for day to check out the seats as suggested above....not gonna happen. The only Premium seats I saw had ventilated fronts which I don't really prefer. The next gen were there in their unaltered, non perforated state....mmmmm

Looks like they are all gone ? Should be able to get the car you ordered no ? They had ample notice to save me a set. My body type likes the Next Gen.. Do premium come non ventilated ?
If you selected the Premium Upgrade Package, then the premium seats will be ventilated (and perforated). Otherwise, they won't be ventilated. I don't believe the non-ventilated seats are perforated but I'm not 100% sure about that...perhaps someone else can confirm.

I've had the original seats, the nextgens, and now premium. I find the premiums the most comfortable. On my recent P100D model S I ended up with non-perforated (non vent) premium seats. They apparently only existed for a few weeks.

Thank you. Just confirmed that with my DS. Looks like that's what I will end up with. I think I will be happy with it. Also told I was in "pre production"..anyone have a time frame for delivery once you are told that ? It is not indicated on "My Tesla " page, just a verbal from DS. I think the Tesla timeline of "January/Early February" will probably be about right.

Thank you. Just confirmed that with my DS. Looks like that's what I will end up with. I think I will be happy with it. Also told I was in "pre production"..anyone have a time frame for delivery once you are told that ? It is not indicated on "My Tesla " page, just a verbal from DS. I think the Tesla timeline of "January/Early February" will probably be about right.

Check this out:
Model S Order & Delivery 2016