Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Car in The Doctor's Lot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
didnt stop me!!!!

Pediatrician @ CHLA.

Definetely the nicest car in the lot. Ocasionally park in a row of 4 EV spots....usually flanked by Chevy Volts (I've seen a Leaf park there as well).

It does give me a smile when I walk back to the lot and there are people circling the car :)

highly annoyed that we are a major children's hospital (quaternary care referral center) and our EV charging stations are just 110V plugs!

Big organizations and corporations definitely need to get on board already! (That includes Hotels...which I think has been brought up on other postings....).

Peds here, waiting for my MS 85. taking out more loans to pay for it, but what the heck. I almost went to CHLA for my heme/onc fellowship, but saw one look at one of the fellows and changed my mind. Went to Stanford instead. Great program though....

Was scrubbing into a case last month and another surgeon asked me if I had gotten my MSP yet? Had him reach into my back pocket (since neither of us are hospital employees, that didn't qualify as sexual harassment) and pulled out my FOB. Told him to take it for a spin while I started my case. About 45 minutes later he opened the door to my OR with that B-I-G Tesla Grin! I asked him how it was and he apologized that he would have been back 10 minutes sooner but had to stop by his office, jump on his computer and put a deposit down! Won't be the 1st Tesla I "sold"! :wink:

Was scrubbing into a case last month and another surgeon asked me if I had gotten my MSP yet? Had him reach into my back pocket (since neither of us are hospital employees, that didn't qualify as sexual harassment) and pulled out my FOB. Told him to take it for a spin while I started my case. About 45 minutes later he opened the door to my OR with that B-I-G Tesla Grin! I asked him how it was and he apologized that he would have been back 10 minutes sooner but had to stop by his office, jump on his computer and put a deposit down! Won't be the 1st Tesla I "sold"! :wink:

Great story.

Hopefully he wasn't the anesthesiologist. :D

Sent via Tapatalk.

Peds here, waiting for my MS 85. taking out more loans to pay for it, but what the heck. I almost went to CHLA for my heme/onc fellowship, but saw one look at one of the fellows and changed my mind. Went to Stanford instead. Great program though....

CHLA has soooo much heme/onc!!! Probable a smart move to avoid it for fellowship ;)

although I'm sure Stanford is no walk in the park either!!!

Im sure you'll have more Model S's in your lot than CHLA will....(palo alto + proximity to tesla factory!!!).

For those that own your own practices, have you discussed with your accountant if it is reasonable to consider the electricity costs of charging your MS a business expense? (assuming multiple offices or hospital affiliations) Gas expenses are of course considered a practice expense so by extension charging costs should be as well.

The per mile deduction is a per mile deduction for fuel, not specifically gas, and it will actually more than pay for all the fuel I use in a year. In fact, it will pay almost x 400% what fuel costs me in my Model S. For work-related driving, that is...So if, work-related driving makes up 1/4 of my mileage - free driving it is in me Model S. Imagine that.

- - - Updated - - -

Was a bit of an upgrade from my $9K, 195,000 mile wagon to the Model S. Has made quite an impression in the parking lot. Always hated docs with shiny nice cars, though - makes too much of a status statement. That said, I saved for years, during my 42-month reservation, and spent less on all the cars I have had in my life combined than on the S, so no guilt; just fun. A lot of fun. First in the lot with a Model S, won't be the last I can tell...

The per mile deduction is a per mile deduction for fuel, not specifically gas, and it will actually more than pay for all the fuel I use in a year. In fact, it will pay almost x 400% what fuel costs me in my Model S. For work-related driving, that is...So if, work-related driving makes up 1/4 of my mileage - free driving it is in me Model S. Imagine that.

- - - Updated - - -

Was a bit of an upgrade from my $9K, 195,000 mile wagon to the Model S. Has made quite an impression in the parking lot. Always hated docs with shiny nice cars, though - makes too much of a status statement. That said, I saved for years, during my 42-month reservation, and spent less on all the cars I have had in my life combined than on the S, so no guilt; just fun. A lot of fun. First in the lot with a Model S, won't be the last I can tell...

Hmm.... Not all docs have fancy cars. In fact all but one doc in my department drives a nice car. I drive a camry..before that was 1997 accord w 185k on it and broken auto window. My senior partner drives early 90s Saturn in worse shape than mine and other senior partner drives 2002 odyssey. Only one drives MB S 500, which is fancy. Perhaps I should work for your institution.

Congrats on your model s though. Can't wait for mine. Hopefully in next 2 weeks. Gonna miss my window, which is a bummer.

Apparently (somebody told me...I didn't hear it myself) Elon Musk himself stated in an interview that each MS owner sells 1-2 MS's (just through word of mouth and exposure).

i have likely sold 2....they haven't actually pulled the trigger yet but it's all they can think about!!!! (It's almost cruel to give someone a test drive of a P85 and then send them back to their luxury ICE vehicle. 1 of the guys owns a a Mercedes (don't know exactly which kind) and the other has a Lexus IS 350. Sending someone back to a NON luxury vehicle I wouldn't feel so bad....but with a luxury vehicle they go back and wonder why they spent all that dough and the MS just puts it to shame. Makes them want to do a trade in (rightly so!!!).

ER doc here. Delivery MAR. 25TH - APR. 8TH. Can't wait. I agree on the sells other. My uncle is getting one and one of my good ED doc friends wants one now. He's coming to see me take delivery. Also, another guy in my ED group at my hospital is getting one.

Orthopod here waiting for my silver Model S Performance. Due March 11-25. Amazing the amount of docs on this board.

Well, considering the price of a P85 (or Model S in general), it's no wonder that there are far more docs (and other highly paid professionals) here than Average Joes. ;-)

Makes a note: must make a poll sometime about what German Model S buyers do for a living...

Last edited: