Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Smart Charger for Home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

hope your all enjoying the Sun! Just placed my my order for my next Salery Sacrifice car!

Model 3 Extended Range, can’t wait! What’s the best charger for home or recommendation? I might try and go without and charge at work but handy to have a plan!

Thanks

Gareth

It's more a question of are there any to avoid. As far as I know they all work well. Zappi if you have solar. Anderson if you want looks (and can afford it.) Teathered one if you want convenient. Other than that I think most are pretty similar TBH.

Find a small local installer on the olev grant list and get one of the types he recommends

Reactions: Avendit and Adopado
If you care about how it looks, the Andersen A2 is top of the pack.

my wife (!) was happy to pay the premium price for that!
Any one can look ok if you really want it to. Probably for less than the A2 premium.
20200201_164725.jpg

Rolec - Smart, unobtrusive, good value using grant. The installer was excellent. Using it in combination with the ev.energy app and the Tesla and so far all working well. Untethered with a 10M lead. Added the Karcher cable/hose holder on top for £12 with an evonestop.co.uk charge gun holster riveted to the cable holder, also £12. Holder and cable can be removed if on hols.

Attachments

• C71BA8B3-9CEC-4C3F-A332-14FE3DB02E0D.jpeg
    C71BA8B3-9CEC-4C3F-A332-14FE3DB02E0D.jpeg
    870.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 461CEEB8-9F64-4696-B2C9-3908CC3F65D8.jpeg
    461CEEB8-9F64-4696-B2C9-3908CC3F65D8.jpeg
    859.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Informative
Reactions: SonOfMaw
I already have the untethered one.
I have a couple of spare cables and just leave one plugging in all the time.
My electrician fashioned a sealed waterproof cover around the connections.
Not that it needs it IMO. So that’s good news that the Rolec stands up well in a Tesla too as currently it’s used for the Etron

I’ve got the Tesla Wall Connector. Not smart, but I wanted dumb. Also no OLEV grant. But it has the button on the plug to open the charging port door, and it’s very well made and well-proven (thousands of these are installed as Tesla Destination Chargers all over the world).

Rolec - Smart, unobtrusive, good value using grant. The installer was excellent. Using it in combination with the ev.energy app and the Tesla and so far all working well. Untethered with a 10M lead. Added the Karcher cable/hose holder on top for £12 with an evonestop.co.uk charge gun holster riveted to the cable holder, also £12. Holder and cable can be removed if on hols.

Is your charger location legal? I wanted mine quite high and installer came up with regulations that were specific regarding min and Max height.