Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got quoted $3,800+ for wall charger install :oops:. I'm just going to trickle charge, and if I I'm really low I'll get a 25ft extension cable to my washer upstairs. I'll only be here for maybe another 3-5 years so 4k aint worth it in a temporary home. Worse case scenario there is a SC 20 mins from my house
Depending how much you drive, you'll probably be fine with the trickle charge - I do that too if the quote for the wall charger install was that high!

Interesting. My electrician just offered to install a second panel for a couple hundred extra. Price of the breaker box and a half hour of labor. It's crazy how prices differ so much state to state.
I need to call another electrician for a second opinion quote but i think it'll be the same outcome. I wont worry about it unless for some odd reason trickle charging isn't enough for me

Two black cars in inventory if you live in the proper delivery area...

Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 4.57.43 AM.jpg

HW 3.0? Whats that?

Update I can’t find my original post so I’ll add my order journey thus far.

OD: 1/15 blk/blk 5 seat, 19” Gemini, no hitch
1st EDD: Feb 25-mar25
2nd EDD: Feb 16 - Mar 16
Vin received 2/15: Austin build
Expected Delivery date by the end of this month.
I ordered the same day but my EDD was this week until 2 days ago. It’s now showing as March-may 2023! *facepalm *

HW 3.0? Whats that?

Update I can’t find my original post so I’ll add my order journey thus far.

OD: 1/15 blk/blk 5 seat, 19” Gemini, no hitch
1st EDD: Feb 25-mar25
2nd EDD: Feb 16 - Mar 16
Vin received 2/15: Austin build
Expected Delivery date by the end of this month.
Hardware 3.0, I think its been around for 5 years now? Its the AP suite of cameras and computer, HW4 is 5mp cameras(like 12), radar, and new FSD computer. Probably will be announce on Investor day 1 Mar. Leaks are all over the place.
good "source" of leaks( take it with a grain of salt:

I received the text to schedule delivery this afternoon (Mt Kisco). If anyone is looking for an available black/black LR Model Y 7 seater without a hitch, one should be showing up on inventory soon. I just cancelled my order - I thought I'd be ok with giving up our black 2015, but couldn't bring myself to do it yet.