Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered on 1/15
EDD - was feb
EDD- started changing starting Feb2 (day by day slip
EDD - Feb 8th - Feb 18th (As of this morning)
Never got any VIN assigned
EDD (Now) - March - May!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTH......Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Am I pissed? I sure am.....

What just happened? contacted their customer service and got nothing but "wait until you receive a text from us"
I still dont have a VIN!! WTH

Is ANyone here who ordered in and around 1/15 still waiting for a VIN? I am not sure why EDD still says Feb 23 - March 4th. It has kept slipping every day since late Jan...

Forgot to update you all... too busy enjoying my new ride :p I have officially owned my MY for one week, and it's been so fun. Even in cold RI, range hasn't been a problem. For every mile driven, I estimate the battery is effectively taking about 1.2 miles when driving below freezing. Only problem I've had so far is charging seems to be very slow on colder days (below 20F). When it's above freezing, everything is good. My favorite feature by far is autopilot.

IMG-9266.jpg

Add delivery notes:
* delivery/pickup time was supposed to be 1pm, but got a call at 12:15 that it needed to be pushed to 3pm. It would have been nice to know that earlier...
* the front bumper was misaligned where it met the driver side headlight. At first they refused to fix it saying it was "within spec", but I showed them the difference on other MYs in the lot and they gave in and fixed it in about 5 minutes
* there was a pool of water in the trunk, apparently from the detailer washing the inside hatch area. The Tesla rep blamed it on the detailer being "new" (which was also the reason the pickup was delayed apparently), but didn't even apologize for the mistake. Seemed unprofessional to pin it on a single employee instead of just owning the mistake, but whatever

Other than that, pickup was smooth!

Forgot to update you all... too busy enjoying my new ride :p I have officially owned my MY for one week, and it's been so fun. Even in cold RI, range hasn't been a problem. For every mile driven, I estimate the battery is effectively taking about 1.2 miles when driving below freezing. Only problem I've had so far is charging seems to be very slow on colder days (below 20F). When it's above freezing, everything is good. My favorite feature by far is autopilot.

View attachment 912031

looking good!

congrats!

being from the south, i can't even imagine it still being that cold right now.

been in the 80s here for about a week or so, but the pollen is here early and allergies are getting to everyone.

plus it's all over the black cars being parked outdoors.