Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you guys fully pay for your Tesla before delivery day? I already sent in the dealer funding request form and Tesla has done thier part and is now requesting I pay the remaining balance which is my down payment. I'm curious about the news that drops today and I want to ensure they are no issues with the car

Did you guys fully pay for your Tesla before delivery day? I already sent in the dealer funding request form and Tesla has done thier part and is now requesting I pay the remaining balance which is my down payment. I'm curious about the news that drops today and I want to ensure they are no issues with the car
I paid mine the morning of delivery. You don't need to pay it in advance despite the number of texts and emails you receive asking to pay it immediately.

Reactions: Blacked_Y
in texas, we had to pay in full before we can pick up the car.

tesla doesn't accept any type of payment here so the full funding had to be wired to tesla beforehand.
So you weren't allowed to see the car/ go to your appointment unless it was paid in full first? I have the cash in my account and ready to setup the ACH transfer for the remaining balance. Honestly tho, unless som huge news drops today at investor's day I'm getting the car. But it's weird to pay for something before seeing it, especially with Tesla's quality control.

So you weren't allowed to see the car/ go to your appointment unless it was paid in full first? I have the cash in my account and ready to setup the ACH transfer for the remaining balance. Honestly tho, unless som huge news drops today at investor's day I'm getting the car. But it's weird to pay for something before seeing it, especially with Tesla's quality control.

yeah..we can't see the car beforehand.

only way you can see the car is to have paid for it and tesla releasing it in the app so you can unlock.

they were very helpful though once i checked in.

the workers came out with me and showed me everything and stood around while i was inspecting it and i told them i was satisfied with the car.

yeah..we can't see the car beforehand.

only way you can see the car is to have paid for it and tesla releasing it in the app so you can unlock.

they were very helpful though once i checked in.

the workers came out with me and showed me everything and stood around while i was inspecting it and i told them i was satisfied with the car.
Ok I texted my SA, they said at delivery e-pay via the app or bring a cashier's check. I do know that Tesla won't let me inside till after I pay. This investors day is pretty boring so far

Reactions: fredzos
Ok I texted my SA, they said at delivery e-pay via the app or bring a cashier's check. I do know that Tesla won't let me inside till after I pay. This investors day is pretty boring so far

that's good that you have different options.

guess it's different in texas.

tesla isn't allowed to accept payments at any of their locations in the state.

Picked up my new girl today then drove a fun 5 hrs back home. Build quality was nearly perfect, just had some scratches on the passenger side view mirror. Other than that I couldn't find anything after about a 1 hr inspection and going thru a checklists 😁
PXL_20230305_174600816.jpg

PXL_20230306_001106559.jpg

Picked up my new girl today then drove a fun 5 hrs back home. Build quality was nearly perfect, just had some scratches on the passenger side view mirror. Other than that I couldn't find anything after about a 1 hr inspection and going thru a checklists 😁
View attachment 914307

View attachment 914308

congrats!

glad it was a smooth pickup.

car looking good after a 5 hour road trip home

View attachment 914307

View attachment 914308
Congrats!! I'm still waiting on a VIN but this gives me hope that I'll have mine by the end of the month.

View attachment 914307

View attachment 914308

Congrats and I know the rollercoaster wait was worth it! My car is being wrapped in 3M Satin Black this week while I'm in Vegas on biz. Can't wait to pick it up on Friday to see the finished result!

Picked up Mustamakkara (Finnish, for "Black Sausage") yesterday. Today, dropped it off at the tinting place for 5% front and back sides, and rear, and mid-smoke on the rear taillights, light smoke on the front headlights.
After this, have to re-badge with black badges, put in the wood trim on the center console, and get the glossy ceramic coating on Friday.

Still waiting for new black hubcaps from AliExpress...

Reactions: fredzos and bdhaduk