Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black Vue DR650S-2ch $249 Today Only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FB_IMG_1490561630629.jpg

View of rear installed

Reactions: SMAlset
The link I posted above (#32) to the DR650LS-2ch, although it says it was an English version, is only partially in English right now. Probably still working on the product literature before release. Guessing since they are a Korean company, the majority of it is in that language. The screen shots of the apps are in English and most of the diagrams are in English. Many companies typically don't provide much info prior to launch so this was the best I could find. It's from their site and in a pdf format with photos and diagrams etc. Maybe you can discern details from it. The photo of the product on the front page of the manual labels it as Blackvue Over the Cloud, so sure that is the main feature change. Probably bringing it in line with the cloud features of the DR650S-2ch. It still shows a plug-in GPS portion (was optional on the prior model, not sure about this one). For the life of me looking at their diagram where they show it installed and positioned like the DR650S (behind the front mirror from the driver's perspective), I can't figure out how you are suppose to see the video screen with the mirror in front of it. :confused:

Also in that DR650LS model it shows the wiring to the back camera running along the driver's side. From what I've read on the forum here, with MS' you don't want to do that as it will interfere with the car's other wiring that is located on the driver's side and you'll end up with your GPS coordinates being off--instead you'd want to run wiring down the passenger side. Maybe someone who's already installed Blackvues in their MS can comment on this for any new people buying it and getting ready to install it??

Good info, SMAIset, I've heard in more than one source that the issue with running the cable from front to rear with the Blackvue as it pertains to the Model S, is be sure you do not run the cable through the boot on the driver side from body to liftgate lid. Run it through the boot on the passenger side. I did. Its a chore, Took me about 90 minutes to insure I did not puncture the boot. I was finally successful using the end with the straight connector and pulled a black taped stiff wire to the Blackvue cable. Next time I will use cable lube to assist the pull.

Received ours DR650S-2ch today (3-day ship so we could get it installed this weekend), and man is this thing tiny. I've never seen this or the Thinkware F770 in person so was actually surprised at how compact it is. Very happy with this purchase.

For anyone else who isn't quite sure what you bought :), the front camera itself is apx. 4-1/2 inches long x 1-1/4 inches diameter. The pad to attach to your window is only 2 inches x 1 inch, so very minimal footprint. The rear camera is even smaller. Basically 2-5/8 inches long x 15/16 inches diameter. The pad is 1-1/4 inches x 3/4 inch.

We probably won't use the cloud features for our use but nice I guess that they are available by simply agreeing to the terms of the cloud software at any time. The Blackvue camera software btw doesn't involve registering it or agreeing to anonymous tracking (which the cloud software does).

Really? P210xx. Opened it up and did not see a taped connection. Was it in plain sight or did you have to fish around for it?
The newer car have it taked to the grill with clear/blue tape. On my '13 I had to fish around a little for it. I think its attached from the passenger side. wrapped in black cloth-like tape. Its a four connector plug, but has only three wires. One wire is black, its ground. Another is green, I think, don't use it. Use the one that is red and striped with a different color, often green, I think.